Page 1 of 1

Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 pm
by STibor
Hello!

I see that there is a Modbus master component. (I have not used this component)
It is possible that in the near future will be Modbus slave components?

Thanks for the reply!

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:54 pm
by Steve001
Hello STibor

Have you seen this post

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12676&hilit=modbus

Steve

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:28 pm
by Benj
Hello,

It has been started, I just need to find some time to finish it and test it works. Hopefully coming soon....

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:48 pm
by lordhex
Benj wrote:Hello,

It has been started, I just need to find some time to finish it and test it works. Hopefully coming soon....

You are my hero.
I love you (as a master)

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:16 pm
by STibor
Hello!
I ask whether there is a project?
I got a PLC, it has RS485 Modbus.
For this I want to connect many different little slave circuits.

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:11 am
by lordhex
STibor wrote:Hello!
I ask whether there is a project?
I got a PLC, it has RS485 Modbus.
For this I want to connect many different little slave circuits.

Ben is working for modbus slave component.When he finish i bleave that you can do youre project easy.

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:16 pm
by STibor
Steve001 wrote:Hello STibor

Have you seen this post

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12676&hilit=modbus

Steve


Hello!

Thanks for the link.
I'm beginning to understand the Modbus communication.
I use it successfully, "Artose's" sample code.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12676#p50966

@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.
How is a Modbus hardware, if there is no data direction control?

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:12 am
by Steve001
Hello Stibor

Have a look here

http://www.modbus.org/specs.php

Steve

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:54 pm
by lordhex
STibor wrote:
Steve001 wrote:Hello STibor

Have you seen this post

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12676&hilit=modbus

Steve


Hello!

Thanks for the link.
I'm beginning to understand the Modbus communication.
I use it successfully, "Artose's" sample code.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12676#p50966

@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.
How is a Modbus hardware, if there is no data direction control?

You must chose RS485 then you will have data direction.
In RS232 we don't have direction.
485.jpg
485.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 8248 times

And Ben is working for Slave component when he finish my dreams will be real :P

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:47 pm
by dannyvanneijenhoff
Hello

Is there perhaps an indication when the 485 Slave modbus is ready for testing or perhaps finished

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:44 pm
by lordhex
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17572
Waiting a hero to finish it :)
Thrust me my friend it's not easy.
I try to finish so many times always mistakes happens.
Then we need a proffesional to finish it.

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:11 pm
by Benj
Hello,

@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.


Change the Bus property from RS232 to RS485 and this adds a data direction control pin and variable read state properties.

Some good news for you...

I have been granted some time to finish off the Modbus slave component so it will be included in the release of Flowcode 7. As this is a fairly substantial amount of work the Modbus slave will not be released as a free component.

I've already managed to get a lot of the code up and running now so just some finishing off and testing to do.

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:43 pm
by lordhex
Benj wrote:Hello,

@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.


Change the Bus property from RS232 to RS485 and this adds a data direction control pin and variable read state properties.

Some good news for you...

I have been granted some time to finish off the Modbus slave component so it will be included in the release of Flowcode 7. As this is a fairly substantial amount of work the Modbus slave will not be released as a free component.

I've already managed to get a lot of the code up and running now so just some finishing off and testing to do.

This is a wonderfull news.
Yeaha at last i will meet with modbus.
Is there a sellected date for Flowcode 7?