I2C changing of the delay routine

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Jörg Güldner

I2C changing of the delay routine

Post by Jörg Güldner »

Hello matrix team,
the software is written for a eeprom and you put a dummy delay of 10ms for all chips inside. Different Eeproms have differant write/read times. In my case,
I use a fram, who can be write and read up to 1 MHz-Bus timing. Transfering bigger datas takes a long time.
The feature request is to get a setup point to adjust the delay by user. Default stays at 10ms.

Best regards
Jörg

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: I2C changing of the delay routine

Post by Benj »

Hello Jörg,

In Flowcode 6.1.3 the I2C components should have a new property (Stop Delay) allowing you to completely remove the 10ms delay. The delay is there because some older PIC and AVR devices have the possibility to lock up when using hardware I2C without the delay. The delay is still there by default as it is much easier to debug the bus running slowly rather than a random processor hang which would be very hard to debug.

If you need a delay for writing EEPROM then you can switch off the 10ms delay property and then add your own custom delay to your macros.

Jörg Güldner

Re: I2C changing of the delay routine

Post by Jörg Güldner »

Hello Benj,
thanks for the info. I will test it with the fram on the board.
Can you please have a look to the article with I2C and PIC24FV32KA304, who is not running.
It`s a very importend project and I´m working on it for 3 days and have no ideas anymore.

Jörg