As I am working my way through FC I thought this might help some one else .
This project uses the FTDI Serial to USB chip to give an embedded controller USB functionality.I usually include the FTDI chip on my Proto type PCB which allow me real time data monitoring
of the controller .
(1) FC6 Project
(2) Visual Studio 2008 Project ,This project read the Raw ADC conversion data send over the Serial USB link and display the value,this project can be used with VB Express too the free version
Ps : I forgot to mention in my VB example I use a very simple timer event to initiate transmission by sending a send Command "S" and then read the serial Port as the mcu on this command transmit it data,
However you can implement the more appropriate way by creating a delegate routine that handle the data when it is received at the serial port A good reference is the Book from Jan Axelson " Serial Port Complete "
A forum where Flowcode v6 user created components can be shared, discussed and reviewed.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 1068
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:20 pm
- Has thanked: 330 times
- Been thanked: 537 times
- VB.Net 2008 GUI
- (69.29 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
- USB Serial.zip
- FC Project
- (270.23 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
- FTDI Chip Circuit Diagram
- 08.11.png (18.61 KiB) Viewed 2723 times
- Rating: 11.76%