4D systems connection

A forum where Flowcode v6 user created components can be shared, discussed and reviewed.

Moderator: Benj

jbs4wd

4D systems connection

Post by jbs4wd »

Hi, I have tried many a combination to no avail to get the the 18F46K22 to talk to the 32ptu. Could some please have a look at my project and see if there is an issue please.
Cheers
John
Attachments
Simple dual Button1.zip
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: 4D systems connection

Post by Benj »

Hi John,

When the program starts up do the delays seem to be behaving correctly and giving you nice second delays?

Your config settings look ok to me.

Might be worth outputting a 0 followed by a short delay followed by outputting a 1 to the 4D reset pin to see if this helps things at all?

jbs4wd

Post by jbs4wd »

Ben,
Thanks I will give that a try. And yes all the delays are working properly. I put them in to make sure it does, just a visual check. Will try your advice tonight and let you know.

John

jbs4wd

Post by jbs4wd »

Ben, The reset you mentioned worked to a point. However what seems to be the problem is a timing issue. The pic seems to slow down when in the main loop. What happens is when the button is pressed on the 4d screen nothing happens unless you manage to get the press at the right time in the main loop on the descion if something is happening from the 4d object. And thats it. It wont read the message saying which object is changing. Even if I up the comms speed it actually works worse. 9600 seems to be the best at it limit functionality. It will be something simple but I just can't see it. Maybe looking to deep. thoughts?
Cheers
JOHN