HP - 488 - 00 -3 Board Development

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

tamtam2012

HP - 488 - 00 -3 Board Development

Post by tamtam2012 »

Hi.
I have bought from you a development board : Microchip PIC Training and Development Board, USB (HP488) -- Order Number: 28666.
I have installed PICmicro Programmer and mLoaderv3, but I when I want to send a hex. program to chip, I receive the next message : Could not ID the onboard chip - assuming it is the one specified in the configuration screen. Also I tried with Autodect function and receive the same message - Could not ID the onboard chip. I am a beginner.
Why is happend that because the chip on board is PIC16F88.
Another question : ihave installed the driver, the board is now power on. I open the mLoadre v3, i have selected a .hex file (f_test_1.HEX), but when I pres the "Send to Chip" button, display a message : No device detected.
I think that this board with PIC16F88 is posibile to programming in because I dont know Flowcode.
Please help me.
Thank you.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: HP - 488 - 00 -3 Board Development

Post by medelec35 »

Hi tamtam2012,
If I am right (although im not 100% as I have not got a hp488), you don't want the mloader. I believe that is for the dsPIC not the HP488.
You will need to be using PPP to transfer hex file to HP488.
All the drivers including ppp should be found here:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/product.php?Prod=HP488

Martin
Martin