Problems with Eblocks, AVR, AVRATAVRISP MKII and AvrStudio

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

juluman

Problems with Eblocks, AVR, AVRATAVRISP MKII and AvrStudio

Post by juluman »

Hello.

I am a new Eblocks user and I need some help with my problem.

I have Eblocks EB-019-00-1 board with ATmega32 chip and AVRATAVRISP MKII programmer. Flowcode works fine with these equipments but when I want to make real C code with AVRstudio, I can't get connection to my programmer. There are no AVRATAVRISP MKII in the Debug platform list.

Anybody, please, help me!

Jussi

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Problems with Eblocks, AVR, AVRATAVRISP MKII and AvrStud

Post by Sean »

The USB programmer drivers required by Flowcode (via AVRDUDE) and AVR Studio are incompatible.

Flowcode uses the supplied LibUSB-Win32 Device driver, but AVR Studio is supplied with a Jungo driver.

I have attached a copy of a driver, with installation instructions, that has allowed both Flowcode and AVR Studio to operate with USB programmers on a number of systems.

[EDIT: file was corrupt - see later for download link]

You can uninstall the LibUSB-Win32 Devices driver by connecting your programmer and navigating to: Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager, and going to the Driver section of the LibUSB-Win32 Devices entry.

If you disconnect and re-connect your programmer Windows will start 'Found New Hardware' installer.
Prevent the installer from searching the internet and allow automatic driver installation. You should be offered a list of suitable drivers, including the LibUSB-Win32 driver and one, or more, Jungo drivers (the original AVR Studio driver and the one I have attaced - if you have installed it). The Jungo drivers will be compatible with AVR Studio.

The Jungo driver vendor is listed as Atmel Corp, and the version numbers are around 7.0.0.0
The LibUSB-Win32 driver vendor is listed as Atmel, and the version number is 0.1.10.0

On my machine the Jungo driver that is compatible with both Flowcode and AVR Studio has a location ending in 'avrispmkii.inf'. The other drivers have locations ending in oem numbers.

Marsbuggy

Post by Marsbuggy »

Just downloaded the file linked above, my win rar is finding an unexpected ending (file corrupt) and no instructions. Is there a more up-to-date version of this file about?

Mars
- A self declared Newbie - Noob, you choose - I'm new at this please be simple!

OS Windows XP64, Flowcode 4 AVR - AVRispMKII

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

The file does seem to have been corrupted.

Here is a fresh copy:
avrispmkii driver.zip
(256.5 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Flowcode V4 AVR does support the different programming tools better than V3 did (when the original download was posted). Installation of this driver might not be necessary if the current default drivers are working correctly.

Simply swapping the first parameter in the programmer string (in the Chip -> Compiler Options -> Programmer -> Parameters menu) between AVRDUDE and STK500 should allow Flowcode to find the driver that has access to the AVRISPmkII programmer.

If the STK500 driver is being used, AVR Studio has probably been installed. The target device configuration fuses will need to be set using AVR Studio (which can be opened while Flowcode is running, but must be closed before downloading the Flowcode program).

Marsbuggy

Post by Marsbuggy »

Hiya again,

Not much luck, did as you have suggested, but used the drivers on the CDrom (required the 64 bit version), never the less I am still faced with this message on compiling to Hex...

Generated by: Flowcode v4.3.6.61
Licence: Student

Launching the compiler...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode AVR V4\Tools\MX_bats\avra.bat atmega16 "C:\DOCUME~1\Paul\Desktop\FLOCOD~1\On_Off_LED.elf" "C:\DOCUME~1\Paul\Desktop\FLOCOD~1\On_Off_LED.c" "C:\DOCUME~1\Paul\Desktop\FLOCOD~1\On_Off_LED.lst"

Return code = 1

Flowcode was unable to compile the flowchart's C code due to the following errors:

If your flowchart contains C code, please review this carefully. If your flowchart contains no C-code or you have thoroughly reviewed the code, contact Technical Support.

FINISHED

Any suggestions? AVR studio has been uninstalled before installing Flowcode 4

Cheers

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

Hello,

The error mesage you included indicates that Flowcode is unable to locate the batch that controls compilation. As a result, the compilation process is being terminated before Flowcode attempts to access the AVRISPmkII driver.

The batch file in question (avra.bat) should have been installed in the Tools\MX_bats folder of the Flowcode AVR V4 installation.The full path for your installation is displayed in the error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode AVR V4\Tools\MX_bats\avra.bat

Can you confirm that this file is in the correct location?

If the batch file appears to be in the correct location, there may be a problem with the XP support for the 8.3 file name format being used (detailed at the link below). This is an operating system configuration issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007

Marsbuggy

Post by Marsbuggy »

I've checked the Tools\MX_Bats folder 4 files avra, avrb, avrc & avrafp are all in there.
Flowcode01.JPG
Flowcode01.JPG (48.8 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
The flowcode 4 configure options are default.
flowcode02.JPG
flowcode02.JPG (49.65 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
The fsutil.exe behavior set disable8dot3 1 is active.
Unfortunatly still the same message as last post.

I’ve also installed the software on a normal 32bit Windows XP - managed to install software, write a simple program, compile a C file and hex file in under 10mins. Sweet program once it’s working!