2 Questions re C4PIC and V3 Dev Board

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

DonFL

2 Questions re C4PIC and V3 Dev Board

Post by DonFL »

1. My Development Board came with a small piece part that has "key" stamped on it. Best way to describe it is it looks like rectangular plastic piece with a flat metal piece attached to it. Wondering if this is actually part of the dev board, or something put in by the distributor by mistake. I'l be glad to post a picture if needed.

2. The course current loads Sourceboost version 6.55. I was alerted to updates for the compiler, version 6.89. any problems with upgrading?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: 2 Questions re C4PIC and V3 Dev Board

Post by Steve »

I think that "key" is a tool to alter the voltage output on the power supply.

As for the upgrade question, it could cause problems. I'll ask someone here to look at the implications this morning.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Don

Please can you tell me if it is version 3 or version 4 of the C for PICmicros course so I can copy your versions to perform the install.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

The Sourceboost update for C for PICs can be downloaded from here. V4 of C4PICs ONLY
http://www.sourceboost.com/CommonDownlo ... stv689.exe

Simply run the install once it has downloaded and install to your C:\Program Files\Sourceboost directory (note if your sourceboost directory is different to this then you will have to edit the install location to suit)

Then you should be able to load and compile files from the course as before. I have tested a few of the programs from the course with this latest version and everything is working correctly with my current configuration.

DonFL

Post by DonFL »

Thanks..it is version 4.

And also, thank you for the insight re the high-tech voltage adjustment tool..:)

DonFL

Post by DonFL »

With 6.89 installed, clicking on an exercise inside the course still opens the old version...6.55. If I then open the 6.89 IDE, it will open with the same exercise I had opening with the embedded version (6.55).

Is this normal behavior, or should 6.89 open when I click an exercise link?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Don

Yes the same thing happens on my PC here. Shouldn't be a problem though unless you actually need the latest version of the compiler to be running.