Permission denied on sourceboost ide

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

keesp

Permission denied on sourceboost ide

Post by keesp »

Hi,

I am trying to run an example from the C for 16 PIC microcontrollers in the sourceboost ide environment, but seem to be getting following problem that is listed below. Anyone have a clue to what is wrong (probably an authorisation/settings problem).

Thanks in advance

Kees

Building...
"C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\C4PICs16\SourceBoost\boostlink.pic.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\C4PICs16\SourceBoost\lib" libc.pic16.lib Ex12.obj /t PIC16F88 /d "C:\Users\keesp\Documents\Matrix Multimedia\C4PICs16\ex12" /p ex12
Exit code was -1. [Permission denied.]
Removing target: ex12.hex
Failed to locate output file 'C:\Users\keesp\Documents\Matrix Multimedia\C4PICs16\ex12\ex12.hex'
Done

Failed

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Permission denied on sourceboost ide

Post by Benj »

Hello,

First of all i'm guessing you have the appropriate user permissions for the "keesp" user account to allow you to access the my documents folder.

Other then that please can you tell us which operating system you are using and whether it is 32 or 64 bit.

Also are you running any antivirus software or firewall software that could be potentially blocking the compiler from running correctly?

keesp

Post by keesp »

Hi Ben,

I am using Windows 7 (32-bit) on an AMD64 Turion machine. reading your mail has made me wonder if the sourceboost IDE should be started in administrator mode...I'll try that.

Cheers

Kees

keesp

Post by keesp »

That did the trick! I suddenly remembered that Windows 7 is much more picky on this issue. So activating the C for PIC micro series in administrator mode (right button menu...you see it immediately) will allow correct compilation and building.

Thanks Ben for putting me on the right track

Kees