Variable frequency drive

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

billduck

Variable frequency drive

Post by billduck »

I note that there is a PWM Macro. This could be applied to DC motors, with the proper power electronics.
Are there any plans to have a macro for ac motors, or does any one have any comments about the hurdles required to implement this?
Thanks in advance, Bill S

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Variable frequency drive

Post by Steve »

We currently have no plans for AC motor macros, but we would if there is a demand. What kind of features would you like to see?

billduck

Re: Variable frequency drive

Post by billduck »

As an owner of an older pure electric car, with an ac motor, I am fascinated by the technology. I intend on learning the PWM macro, and applying it to DC motors. The logical step from there is program a micro-controller to control the speed of an AC motor. In an energy constrained world, the importance of heightened efficiency of motors that do work for us, can not be understated. As to features in an AC motor component macro, I will have to research that. I will get back to you. Thanks for the reply.