Serial code missing or incorrect

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Dr_Zeus

Serial code missing or incorrect

Post by Dr_Zeus »

Hopefully this is posted in the correct area.

Just received my C for 16 series PICmicro V4 software and installed using Aministrator profile, entered the number printed on the label inside the dvd box.

Greeted with a dialogue box "Course loading error" Serial Number not found or incorrect, please check your install of the C4PICs16 course.

Uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed, net result same error.

I'm using Win7 X64.

Anyone had this problem before?

Thank you

Carl

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Serial code missing or incorrect

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Carl,
I have also got a 64bit windows 7 machine and had the same issue.
if you look here:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... ?f=8&t=677
That should solve the 64bit win7 issues. It did with me.
Course runs OK on my machine now.

Hope this helps

Martin
Martin

Dr_Zeus

Post by Dr_Zeus »

Thanks Martin :-)

Need to look beyond the end of my nose next time!

Carl

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Carl, Your welcome.
To be honest, we are so use to looking on these forums for our answers since normally receive replies.
It is so easy to forget about the support site.
we have all done that I'm sure :P

I don't think the support site existence is made clear enough on these user Forum's.
So I have placed a link for it within my sticky here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 368#p16368

@Matrix staff. Do you think it would be a good idea to place a link for the support site at the top, just like you have 'Return to Matrixmultimeda.com'?

Martin
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

medelec35 wrote:@Matrix staff. Do you think it would be a good idea to place a link for the support site at the top, just like you have 'Return to Matrixmultimeda.com'?
Yes - something like that would be a good idea. We've tried to outline a "roadmap" for support on this page:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/sup_menu.php

Posting on the forum is the 4th item in the list after (1) updating software, (2) checking our support FAQs, and (3) searching on our forums. But once you start using the forums, it's often easier to post there for the answers. Although of course, it's always going to be quicker to get an answer by looking first!

Dr_Zeus

Post by Dr_Zeus »

Prior to asking the question within the forums I did perform a search from the Matrix homepage, support page and the user forum. The search facility is limited, if I search for "missing serial number" I retrieve many posts regarding "missing this and that" and "serial ports missing bytes" etc.

Performing software installation is one of those actions that a user may perform infrequently but a failure of that action could be related to a multitude of issues. Where the failure to install completely is a limitation of the supplied software - in this instance not writing the registration id in a certain part of the registry, a little bit of assistance should be provided to alert the individual of a known issue or some simple steps to take in the event of an issue.

I don't think I've ever gone to a support page on a website to look for installation problems before I've installed the product, although I probably will with Matrix products in the future! I have to say I don't typically experience installation problems.

I'm happy with Matrix products, the user forum is a great place to be, this isn't a beating up Matrix message just feedback..

Carl