compile Flowcode C-File in MPLab with BoostC

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Rosenbaum
Flowcode V4 User

compile Flowcode C-File in MPLab with BoostC

Post by Rosenbaum »

Is it possible to compile a Flowcode-C-file in MPLab using the BoostC compiler? I wont use the "Flocode-BoostC". When my intention will work, I am goining to buy my own BoostC licence.
The reasen is to learn C with the advantage of Flowcode. The C-Code-Block is not as nice as a real C-Code Programmer.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: compile Flowcode C-File in MPLab with BoostC

Post by Steve »

Yes - it is certainly possible to take the C code file generated by Flowcode and compile it with BoostC in MPLAB.

However, we are making some very big improvements in how C code can be viewed and used in Flowcode V5. This is a very wide-ranging change that is far more than improving the C code icon facilities. I don't want to give away too much more but I'm hoping that the new facilities we are implementing will solve all of your current issues...

jawier

Re: compile Flowcode C-File in MPLab with BoostC

Post by jawier »

Hi, i am try to use MPLab to compile but " Failed to load C:\Proyect....cof"

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\boostc_pic18.exe" COMU2550_4.c -O1 -W1 -t 18F2550
BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 7.05 (for PIC18 architecture)
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 David Hobday

Licensed to Enthusiast under Single user Pro License for 1 node(s)
Limitations: PIC18 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited

COMU2550_4.c

success
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\boostlink_pic.exe" "C:\ProyectosPic\COMU2550_4.obj" "C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\Lib\flowcode.pic18.lib" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib\float.pic18.lib" "C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\Lib\libc.pic18.lib" -O1 -p "FV518f" -t 18F2550
BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 7.05
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 David Hobday

Optimisation level:1
C:\DEV\internals\internals.c function redefinition: FCI_GETCHAR(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char) in C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_String.c
C:\DEV\internals\internals.c function redefinition: FCI_GETLENGTH(unsigned char*,unsigned char) in C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_String.c
C:\DEV\internals\internals.c function redefinition: FCI_TOSTRING(signed short,unsigned char*,unsigned char) in C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_String.c
C:\DEV\internals\internals.c function redefinition: FCI_TOLOWER(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char) in C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_String.c
C:\DEV\internals\internals.c function redefinition: FCI_TOUPPER(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char) in C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_String.c
C:\DEV\internals\internals.c function redefinition: FCI_COMPARE(unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char*,unsigned char,unsigned char) in C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_String.c

failure
BUILD SUCCEEDED: Mon Feb 11 21:59:41 2013

Any suggestion?