Updating FCV from C

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jbaldi

Updating FCV from C

Post by jbaldi »

I'm trying to update flow code variables from my C code but it's not working. For example when using FCV_MYINT = 5; in C I always get MYINT == 0 in flow code.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Updating FCV from C

Post by medelec35 »

Hi jbaldi,
If you are referring to Flowcode simulator, that does not simulate C. So any variables within C code boxes will always show 0
The variable should be assigned with the correct value of 5 on your hardware
I complied

Code: Select all

FCV_MYINT=5;
to hex, and checked in a different simulator that loads hex and MYINT variable was indeed assigned with 5.
If you are not referring to the simulator, then if you post the hex file and flowchart, I can have a look to see what's happening.

Martin
Martin

jbaldi

Post by jbaldi »

Thanks. I didn't realize that the simulator doesn't simulate C.

cardac

Post by cardac »

Hi folks.. I have had such a lot of trouble with C-coding in FLOWCODE - I have decided to attempt to use "machine nemonics" instead..in the ASM{ way...
I have now the fact that I have a 16F88 chip... okay.. pin RA3 is one of those pins to TRISTATE. If I write the correct "machine code" to 'arrange' the correct STATE of the pin.. and I want to declare it in the "machine code" do I still have to use... as an example .. BSF _FCV_PORTA,3 ... and then also - I have in the variables assignations... a variable called PORTA...

Also - does it simulate..in the simulator.??.. or is also only a 'hardware testing' situation..??, where I have to build a breadboard circuit, to see if it's working.
I am excited about FLOWCODE... I use my friends system...

If I write letters to the BOOSTC guys - they DO NOT ANSWER... queries even on their stuff...

I hope that others reading this post - will start chatting to me please...

My Very Kindest Regards
cardac