how to get a glcd work with with PIC16F1937

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Nasim Khaliqhey

Re: how to get a glcd work with with PIC16F1937

Post by Nasim Khaliqhey »

hey Dears
Please Can any body see the calculation I made for delay timing of 16 bits PIC 16F84A
7 sec delay with 16 Mhz drive crystal.

7*16mil/65536=1708984375 I have just taken 1700 secs for 1 = ON & 700sec for 0 = off
but I don´t know the switching ON/OFF are in very short times my scope & connected LED shows as it is like micro sec or mil sec
double checked delay icon settings are on Secs
looking forward hearing an advise
wr
Nasim

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Hi!

Can you tell us is this chip your using now the 19MHz driven 16F1937 mentioned in the header, or the 16F84A at 16MHz?

This thing that the chip seems to change in the fly confuses a lot of us now as were trying to figure it out.

The schematic you supplied earlier had error, which]was mentioned by me and others and asked have you changed the loading caps of the oscillator... You have not yet still answered to it.

---> So have you changed the oh-god-too-big load capacitor to a more correct one like 22picoFarad or is it still the 100nanoFarad one?

Your answer to above wrote:No
-->If not, dont come asking here why the timings are out, the capacitor NEEDS to be correct size for the oscillator to oscillate at correct frequency.
Your answer to above wrote:Yes
--> The last program you supplied to this topic had a error on the frequency as it was set to 19MHz.

Have a nice Midsummer festival!
Ill just keep the good work up!

Docara

Post by Docara »

Nasim Khaliqhey wrote:
I have time to come to England in 08 2017 to find out what is missing in processing this project if you can find half an hour to spend with me I´ll be pleased
looking forward hearing from you

Oh! Bless!!!!!!!!

(I hear N. Korea is nice for a holiday in August)

LOL :D :D

Nasim Khaliqhey

hi dear
I am trying to find out the delay timing for the PIC 16F84A at the moment , my last problem of transferring data to pic is ok now thanks to Mr Leighm for helping me
Now I can find the configuration Of PICs from micro lab for the rest of my PIC projects.
what problem I have is the calculation of timing the delay regarding to the crystal oscillator being used .
with my PIC16F877A I think I have to us 8Mhz I don´t have that in stock I made the order for that I think the output with 16 Mhz is showing the graphic form ok I am waiting for the 8 Mhz & a new workshops breadboard this time I am sure It will work my main problem was the configuration lets hope every thing is ok as I am thinking
with regards
Nasim
Last edited by Nasim Khaliqhey on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Docara

Post by Docara »

Why cant you use the DELAY icon

Nasim Khaliqhey

hey dear

with all kind of PIC Projects I am using the Delay icon I have no other way.
wr
Nasim

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Nasim,

Timing issues are fairly common but easy to fix.

My guess is you have the wrong clock speed defined in your project options. For a 16MHz crystal this should be 16000000, for an 8MHz crystal the value should be 8000000.
ProjOpt.jpg
ProjOpt.jpg (39.39 KiB) Viewed 9631 times
This wiki page should help you to double check the various settings.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... ED_flasher

Nasim Khaliqhey

Hey dears
as I hope no body gets confused all our works are good every things are going forward .
It is the programmer pppv3 is ok with PIC16F877A ,16F84A.16f88, but not good out put current
what confuses me is that the pppv3 dosn´t know PIC16F1937
Please look at my attached docs.
one of my friends whom is programming computers say´s also to me that the programmers synchronisation is no downloaded ok
see if any can be done.
wr
Nasim
Note : I can not get the documents attached
Last edited by Nasim Khaliqhey on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nasim Khaliqhey

Docara wrote:
Nasim Khaliqhey wrote:
I have time to come to England in 08 2017 to find out what is missing in processing this project if you can find half an hour to spend with me I´ll be pleased
looking forward hearing from you

Oh! Bless!!!!!!!!

(I hear N. Korea is nice for a holiday in August)

LOL :D :D
Wow all ways good teachers introduce there own way of learning for success ( ha ha)

Nasim Khaliqhey

LEDs ON/OFF by PIC16f877a

PIC 16F877A BEEN USED

To whom it may concerns
dear sir or Madam
for my project of blinking LEDs I made the out put current for switching LEDs ON /OFF very good by setting two NPN transistors
But I can no find a way to get a good result of seconds timing
can any body help me to find how to calculate regarding to the crystal frequency Drive been used
with regards
Nasim

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi

Sorry for being rude however all your post is about flashing LED's with the timing problems and some other carbbage like above the transistors switch perfectly what has that to do with the timing of your mcu ? .

People here has spend hours trying to help you with no success with something most 10 years old's get to do easily in Flowcode so I just do not know
how we will help you as for timing on a mcu the datasheet is clear how to set it how to calculate the timeing and Flowcode make it simple provided you set the frequency setting in the configurations correctly and that is up to you to do and that is it ,

@Matrix if this post is offending then you can remove it however this guy he constantly make a big issue of the same question and problem just ask in a million different unclear ways :evil:

Nasim Khaliqhey

Re: Led drive timing

hi Mr
don´t give me your own compliments I asked a few question they wer not only about LEDs you can look at the all of them in my documents -
No:1 was to get the programmers software it toke more the 1 year to get that working + I bought 3 kind of them
No :2 was to get words display by LCDs
No:3 to get gLCD operating
No:4 to get enough current out from PIC´s
No:5 LED sign decoration
did I receive a usable advice ? No.
an Engineer can be teaching engineering if he or she has the training of teaching

it is not that if I don´t know calculations of frequency counter I did mention a few ways before, I received answer that was not the deal with flowcode
there for I all ways ask whether it worth to spend time with the plan or change .

kindly & nicely take your answer away to my question I ask for help
wr
Nasim

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Nasim,

Please can you create a new forum topic and try to explain what you need in as much detail as possible what you require. Its often very hard to decode what you mean. Take your time and ensure you are providing the detail we will need to help you (without writing a massive essay).

If you do not speak English then you can always post your question in your own language and we will use Google translate to try and understand you. Remember to include your Flowcode project file and schematic when asking questions.

The delay icons in Flowcode allow you to create delays. These delays should be correct. e.g. 1 second should give you 1 second worth of delay. If this is not the case then you likely have something wrong. This wiki page should help to get things right.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... ED_flasher

I am locking this topic now as the title is no longer relevant to your questions.