google analytics?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

loetluemmel

google analytics?

Post by loetluemmel »

i get an error-message "Script Error: http://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js" when i open, close, save or compile a flowcode-script.
Does this mean that normally flowcode transmits data to google analytics every time i open/close/save/compile a script?
I´m confused about this! What data will be normally sent to google analytics during my work? - i feel very uncomfortable!

At the same time when i get the google-analytics-error-message there is another error-message (after closing the google-analytics-error-screen)
Script-Error
Line 220
Character 9
Access denied
Code 0
http://www.matrixtsl.com/flowcode/startpage/index.php?t=dark&type=std&features=639&chips=1

I closed the start page-tab as mentioned here at this forum however i get both error messages again and again when opening/closing/saving/compiling...

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: google analytics?

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Sorry you are getting this bothersome message, and for it making you feel uncomfortable, ill try explain whats happening to try put your mind at ease.

Basically the start page acts as a browser which visits our website, on our website we run google analytics (the vast majority of websites do!), the data Google gather is only the standard stuff using their basic analytics. (The same as you would get for visiting the homepage of our website).

Flowcode does not send any personal information or other data collection methods back to our servers, the only thing we do is send the theme and licence type back to the start page to allow the website to show applicable data to you.

index.php?t=dark&type=std&features=639&chips=1

Eg it knows to display the website in the dark theme, that the licence is standard so do not show professional only content.

None of this data is stored at all, and absolutely nothing to do with the type of work you are doing/project data.

As for fixing the issue, I believe it has something to do with the security settings in your Internet settings being set to block Javascript objects. However if you want a more permanent solution then you can go into View >> Global Options >> Application (tab) >> then untick the “Enable” button under the web access heading.

If you have any worries about what ive said, please get in touch and we will do our best to ease your concerns.