Flowcode V7 - Admin Rights

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

jblackwell

Flowcode V7 - Admin Rights

Post by jblackwell »

Hi there, hoping someone can help. I am an IT Tech in a school using Flowcode v7 (7.2.1.4) and last year we had issues compiling code to the boards. It seemed that the Flowcode software needed to be run with administrative rights in order for it to compile and run successfully. Running the software as a standard user (which all students are) threw errors (I don't have these now, sorry!) during compiling.

At the time the teacher (who has admin rights) decided to run the code for the students, but this year they will be starting early on in the Autumn term and want the students to be able to compile and program the boards themselves. the question I have is does Flowcode always have to be run with admin rights, and is it possible to run the software successfully in a restricted environment such as a school?

Hope you can offer some assistance ASAP,

Thanks,

Joe

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode V7 - Admin Rights

Post by Benj »

Hi Joe,

Flowcode needs admin rights to activate the license, it will automatically elevate itself to allow you to do this.

Once Flowcode is installed and activated you should no longer need any admin permissions. The only permissions you will need to compile and download is the ability to read and write files on the local HDD. Network drives can be used to store the Flowcode project but may cause compiler issues when trying to compile.

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Hi Joe,
As Ben mentioned, this could be network drive related.
If you could get back to us at some point with more details, such as the target family you use and a typical project msg.txt error file.
I'm sure we will be able to resolve the issue.
Thanks
Leigh

jblackwell

Post by jblackwell »

Hi Ben/Leigh,

Thanks for you help so far - I think you've pointed me in the right direction but we need to do some more testing. We use Folder Redirection along with network drives in school so I'm almost certain that the files our teacher was trying to compile would have been from a network share.

What we're planning to do next week when school is back in session is create a small new partition on the local HDD that students would have permissions to which they can hopefully save to and run from...

I'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks,

Joe