Slider Simulation

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Docara

Slider Simulation

Post by Docara »

Hi,

Have just tried using the simulation 'things' for the first time and found things didn't work as expected.

With reference the enclose FC file I am trying to use the mouse to move a slider and have its value appear on vertical scale but no luck. Incidently it does show(move) if I use a potentiometer component.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Attachments
Try2.fcfx
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Slider Simulation

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've seen this before it looks like the grey slider only ever replies with a value between 0 and 1. If you take the value and scale it yourself then it works as expected.
Try2.fcfx
(13.96 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Docara

Post by Docara »

Hi Ben

Thanks for the reply.

I originally wanted to simulate a range of 600 to 6000 but because I couldn't get it to work I dropped it to a byte and 255 - scaling between these two values using a range 0 to 1 might be interesting!!

As this is a bug then can it be fixed to work as expected? The Max and Min values are available and accept values after all.

Thanks
Matt

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Matt,

I'll add it to the list to investigate and try and fix. It's not my component and having a quick look it looks quite involved but if I can get my head around the layers then there should be an easy way to solve the issue.
I originally wanted to simulate a range of 600 to 6000
This should be quite easy, just multiply the output by 5400.0 and then add 600.0.

Docara

Post by Docara »

This should be quite easy, just multiply the output by 5400.0 and then add 600.0.
Oh! that was easy :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you - (trouble is it really hits my OCD trait when thing don't work as expected sorry!)
Matt