Bug in Dashboard Text property saving (FC v7.2.1.4)

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

streammaster

Bug in Dashboard Text property saving (FC v7.2.1.4)

Post by streammaster »

Hi Guys,

I'm reporting the bug which i discovered. It appears that the Dashboard Text sizing property is not saved, so when you reopen project everything becomes scrambled (pickup some larger sizes). This is relay annoying bug stopping me to create proper panel. I hope it would be quick and easy fix for you.

The designed panel look:
Dashboard good.PNG
(43.35 KiB) Downloaded 1653 times
The panel after reopening the project:
Dashboard bad.PNG
(49.27 KiB) Downloaded 1653 times
Regards,

Igor
Attachments
Panel_bug_test.fcfx
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Bug in Dashboard Text property saving (FC v7.2.1.4)

Post by Benj »

Hi Igor,

Many thanks for letting us know of the problem. It has now been resolved in the latest component file.

Simply copy the attached file to your "Flowcode 7/components" folder and restart Flowcode.
dash_text.fcpx
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Any changes you make to the components should now be retained when you save the project.

streammaster

Post by streammaster »

Hi Ben,
Thanks for this but unfortunately it is not working. The size is stored, but the position of the grouped objects is not. Also, i noticed that the border position becomes stored with offset and I do not know how to fix this. At this point the design becomes brocken.
I have multiple text windows grouped and on application reload, all are opening in the same point.
Also If I export the panel as the component everything is scrambled (with text windows) as I drag the component to the panel.

Regards,

Igor

streammaster

Post by streammaster »

Hi Ben,

i hop that there is solution for the text box.

I spent nearly whole week working on the component, and result is useless because of bug in the Dashboard text.
Could you please have a look this bug and hopeful fix it.
This is how it looks in the component project:
Component panel.PNG
(21.57 KiB) Downloaded 1595 times
Once i will have component working i will properly post it, but for now is here for you to see what is going on. Please note that this is still work in progress.
The text box is totally broken when component is open in the project. First time the text box appears very small and as soon as you click on it it disappears. Not sure what to do.
Igor
Attachments
TCA6408A.fcpx
(10.18 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
TCA6408A-V2.fcfx
(77.79 KiB) Downloaded 177 times