Modbus master remap bug?

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

electronix

Modbus master remap bug?

Post by electronix »

Hi guys.

I am trying to use the modbus master in a project, but when I try to remap TX RX to for example F.2 and F3 those pins become completely dead on my HW?
The only pins that seems to work are G.0 and G.1 and it takes a lot of fiddeling to remap to those again, including chaning the pins in both HW and SW mode, It all seems a bit arbitrary.

The Target is :24EP512GU810

Best regards
Nick

//Edit
It seems to be port F that is not remapable

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Modbus master remap bug?

Post by Benj »

Hi Nic,

Can you try using the CAL UART component in Hardware mode on the Port F pins and see if this is able to use the pins as expected.

electronix

Post by electronix »

Hi Ben.

Ok I´ve done some moore testing, Port F is not sending(TX) anything at all no mater what I try, Pin G0 and G1 are sending(TX) on HW chanels 2-4.
Port D lower byte is working on chanel 3-4 not 1-2, port D upper byte doesn´t send anything on any chanel.
Chanel 1 doesn´t seem to do anything much regardless my settings.

//
Nick

electronix

Post by electronix »

Another update, the modbus slave component are receiving on all 4 channels but it doesn´t transmit anything on any chanel, I have tried almost all pin configurations.
Any ideas anyone?

//
Nick

electronix

Post by electronix »

Hi all.

Did anyone look into the problem remapping UART?
I was intending to use modbus slave component yesterday but it still has the above mentioned flaws it seems...

Edit.
My target is : PIC24EP512GU810

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for all the testing you've done.

This all sounds very odd indeed as we use this specific family a lot for our in house hardware, though not this specific chip. The UART code is known to work very well on all channels, certainly with the MU806 and MU810 chips.

Are you running the latest release v7.3 and have you then applied the fixes available here?
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=19743

Maybe you could attach a project file and we can try and see if there is anything that looks incorrect or out of place.

electronix

Post by electronix »

Hi Ben.

Thanks for your answer :-)
I changed my target MCU from 24EP512GU810 to 33EP512MU810
And now it`s working beautyfully :-) so thanks for the tip to just change tartget device.

By the way, have you had anything to do with 33EP512MU814? just asking since my next project propobly will involve more I/Os then 810 has.

Best regards
Nick

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Nick,
I changed my target MCU from 24EP512GU810 to 33EP512MU810
And now it`s working beautyfully :-) so thanks for the tip to just change tartget device.
Ok that's great I've had another look at the 24EP512GU810 and can't really find much, it looks like Flowcode is configured correctly so really not sure what was going wrong with this.
By the way, have you had anything to do with 33EP512MU814?
Not personally but I have had a lot of joy with the 06 and 10 devices from that range so the 14 should just be a bigger version of the same thing. Of course if you do get problems then please shout and we will investigate for you.