UART not working after latest patch

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

howard123

UART not working after latest patch

Post by howard123 »

Hello
I have just installed the patch dated January 2018 and am now having problems with the RS232 UART not working at all. This has happened on two non-identical boards, one with a 18F45K22 and the other with a 18F46K22.

These had both worked before I installed the patch. Unfortunately I have not kept the previous set of files, which this patch overwrote.

Any ideas?

regards
Howard
FC7.3.0.6

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: UART not working after latest patch

Post by Benj »

Hello Howard,

Maybe try changing the properties of the UART component, say to software mode and then back again checking the connection properties etc are still valid. Hopefully this will help as I'm not aware of anything fundamentally broken in 7.3.

howard123

Re: UART not working after latest patch

Post by howard123 »

Hi Ben

Thanks I have followed your instructions and it has worked.

On both projects UART1 and UART2 are being used and as best I can tell,on both, UART1 had been assigned to UART 2 and UART2 was not working. On the Properties I swopped channel number 1&2 and then swopped them back again and it subsequently worked.

Just for clarity, this had worked fine with the 7.3 install but had stopped after the latest ZIP folder dated 26-02-18 was installed. I incorrectly said January in my last post.

Regards
Howard