FC V8: Compile to Windows OS feature

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 7 here

Moderator: Benj

streammaster

FC V8: Compile to Windows OS feature

Post by streammaster »

Hi Matrix guys,

Here are some ideas which I personally would buy - no question asked:

1. Have Flowcode capability to create an application for the PC Windows system, to be able to compile the code for the Windows system perhaps as an executable.
2. The creation of the panel already exists in FC (simulation panel) and we should be able to compile the panel as stand alone exe so it can run as stand alone in Windows OS as a window or a full screen.

By having basic components like TCP communication components, and UART communication components and panel (display) components - building blocks user can create applications which can communicate to each other or to the third party - anything. The 'LCD' become actual PC screen and then the windows PC become embedded platform....

This would definitely extend your market and sale.

Regards,

Igor

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: FC V8: Compile to Windows OS feature

Post by Steve »

Thanks for the suggestions, Igor.

We do have plans for this kind of functionality and it will hopefully appear in v8.

Regards,
Steve.

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Steven, Hi Igor

I think this option I would also buy.

If there is an option for Android, I will also buy this in addition

regards

Stefan

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

So you're aware, this functionality is now available in V8.1 as part of the new "SCADA pack".

Regards,
Steve.

streammaster

Post by streammaster »

Hi Steve,
no, I was not aware. SCADA is then the only module which I haven't purchase. I will have a look. I guess the module name is a bit misleading what actually module provides.
What is not clear from the description, apart of predefined libraries component can we create own component with specific graphical and IO attributes? The application runs on the Flowcode runtime so I guess it is a C coding emulation engine behind? I guess that we do not need to know anything about the windows C++ functions and multitasking, is this guess correct? It looks that real-time clock as the panel module is not available. How the analogue clock, as an example, can be placed on the panel (if it can be at all)? I guess we do not need to select any targeted device since this would run on Windows only, correct?

I was originally suggested to have the ability to select the device Windows or Android instead of MCU like PIC, ARM or RPI and then have coding which will compile and run natively on the targeted device (WinPC or Android) and use native HUI in the shape of the panel and standard windows or Android textual inputs.

Your concept may provide the same result at this stage for windows only.
Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,
Igor