PICmicro Development Board V3 - Erase & Detect PIC Probl

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

uzymedphys

PICmicro Development Board V3 - Erase & Detect PIC Probl

Post by uzymedphys »

Hello All

I am trying to communicate with the PICmicro Dev Board V3. I have managed to install both the USB driver as well as the PPP software (v3.7.10.23).

I have followed the manual - the board LEDs are flashing - LB0 to LB7 except for LB3; and LA0 to LA4 flashing - like a night rider effect as stated in the manual.

However, when I try and 'configure the picmicro' using the PPP software - and select 'Auto-detect': I get an error message - 'Could not ID the onboard chip'. Moreover, when I try to erase the PICmicro using the PPP software, it fails.

In order to attempt and correct the problem, I have set the S2 switch to RC, S4 to Fast, etc as recommended in the manual. However, this still does not resolve the problem and I still can not erase the PIC nor auto-detect the PIC.

I would appreciate any assistance to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Usman

Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi,

Are you running in LVP mode?
If so please ensure that all the jumpers are in the correct position for LVP programming:
PSU/USB jumper to USB.
IO/LVP pins - set appropriate pin to LVP (B3 for the F88)
In PPP Config set LVP to enabled.

Note that Full power (a PSU) is required to enable/disable LVP.
If the device is LVP Disabled you will need to run it Full power to be able to program it.

cknight442

Can Not ID Onboard Chip

Post by cknight442 »

I have done this. I still get the error "Can not ID onboard chip". Any other suggestions?