newbie question

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

cardac

newbie question

Post by cardac »

Hello - firstly... the name and password to "login" to MATRIX website...?? is it the same as that for the forums..???

2ndly - if one programs a 16F88 / 16F84(A) - they are pretty easy with 'normal' instructions.... okay... but now - what happens with a 16F628(A)... what about the TRIS reggisters... how does one "setup" those in the simple way that one does it in FLOWCODE5..?? does one need FLOWCODE6 for this....???

Sorry if this has landed up in the wrong place...??? in the forum - but it is really confusing - and please BLAST it into the correct place in the forum - and mail me with the correct place it arrives at....!!

It is just I noticed something really peculiar about the FLOWCODE5 - that it may not be suitable for programming 16F28 correctly... (although a 16F628 can be selected from it's PIC library... (according to what folks tell me)...

My very Kindest Regards
cardac - ( still learning all this brilliant stuff)...

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: newbie question

Post by kersing »

Fist, please do not add unrelated messages to existing topics. Start you own topic.

To answer you first question, no, the forum and Matrix website use different user database. You need to create independent accounts for both.

Regarding TRIS registers, Flowcode takes care of this. It also sets ports to digital or analog mode when required.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis