ASM2FLOW

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

mossine

ASM2FLOW

Post by mossine »

hi everyone ?
pleas can you help me to change this asm code in to flowcode 5 or 6
thank tou
MAGGY710.ASM
(67.74 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

mossine

Re: ASM2FLOW

Post by mossine »

hi all
where are you PROOOF ?
its important to me pleas
I just wanted to translate the 16F877 program, which is in Asmbly, and do the same with the microcontrol in order to be more accurate later, as the assembly is difficult to understand, although it is deep and good in communication hardware,
The project has a connection between micro and computer via the RS232 port and this has become old and I would like to switch to Bluetooth,
The important thing is that I want to translate the code in order to correct it instead of placing the FTDI chip as well as understanding the program and placing it on the STM 32bit chip
Thanks for help

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Mossine,
pleas can you help me to change this asm code in to flowcode 5 or 6
Can we help you - Yes

Will we do it for you - No

Do some reading and have a go, if you come across a problem then post what you have so far and we can try to steer you back on track.

mossine

Post by mossine »

thank you PRof "Benj" ;

Although it is a philosophical answer but i well try
My goal of asking for help is full-time to modify on the flowcode and not to learn "Asmbley" from the beginning my teacher, the time does not allow it,
We are looking for quick and helpful answers with your help and support., If I go back to the Asmpley study, make sure I agree without error because my previous education was in logic, logical gates hexadecimal and counters, but time is running and busy, so we come to ask for expert help and to facilitate obstacles, not velvet answers. thank you PROF "benj"
Can we help you - Yes

thank you ,I am not mistaken, and this is the goal of the Forum and distinguished professors
Will we do it for you - No
it's not for commerce. its for knowing
its help me for developing in flowcode . not for me .
sorry for my bad englich . its just traduction

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi mossine,

In general, I don't think converting assembly code to C or even flowcharts would be a good approach. Instead, it would be better to consider what your program is trying to achieve and then start again.

If you wanted to learn assembly code, then there are lots of resources available to do that.

Where we could help on this forum is if you had a specific issue with that code (e.g. you wanted to know what a few of the lines did). However, expecting us to translate a 3000 line assembly program into a flowchart is simply unreasonable.

I hope this helps.
Steve.

mossine

Post by mossine »

hi everyone
thank you Mr "Sreve" for your answers.
i understand you clearly.
of course this forum created for developing and sharing experiences between the profs and the students
and not for translating the source codes or for Customer Service .It is just a development forum
you are right and Mr "Benj"
it would be better to consider what your program is trying to achieve and then start again.
that's what i need
you are right when you explain the problem .
if i know what the microcontroller do; then i can creating a flowchart code
and i was really train in few time to learn assembly language and try to translate by myself.
but the time don't help me too....... :| :| :| I'm going to pay for that to the assembly programmer to explain what's microcontroller do.
and when i have problem in some steps of flowcode im gonna but it here
thank you all. i'm happy when be here

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

In short, your program has pretty fine commenting inside, and you should be able pretty easily to start decoding what your program does. Just write it in pseudocode, draw it on paper, sand, snow, whatever you feel the best. Draw images and charts from program, what is this part trying to archieve? Take a look at some parts, then think: "How would i do this on Flowcode to archieve same results?" Then go and code it even better than it was!

There are basic LCD routines, some predefined LCD messages and some IO setups.
Timer, even the ratio is told there.
The main program has even line by line comments.

The serial comms are pretty well self explanatory again. There are good comments.

Then there is some 32bit binary number to decimal conversion, again pretty easy if you know some flowcode.

I stop here, just giving heads up that the code is really self explaining, take a look into the comments there!
Dont think about the all ASM specific stuff as big monster, it is basics all the way! :)

EDIT:
Compared to other ASM codes i've seen, this is most commented and well structured considering later adoption to different device.

Like this part:

Code: Select all

MEMMSG2: btfss PORTB,4          ; is PC switch on (high)?
        goto MEMMSG2            ; not yet
        call WAITINGPC          ; yes
Great comments help me understand that this code loops until the PC switch on PORTB4 goes high, and then we jumpt to WAITINGPC subprogram.

And i really don't know much about assembly, except a bit from SHENZHEN I/O.
Ill just keep the good work up!

mossine

Post by mossine »

hi everyone
thankyou so much Mr "EtsDriver" .
And i really don't know much about assembly, except a bit from SHENZHEN I/O.
really it's very cool this game.
thank you Mr ""EtsDriver" "