Question hardware

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

markavo

Question hardware

Post by markavo »

Hi

Looking at buying some hardware to use with the PI within FLC7 (I have not purchased the arm pack) do I need this pack to see the pi within the hardware list (platform I’m going to use for a project) or when I connect the E-blocks rpi program board will show up.

I’ve also been looking at 4d systems displays in the displays hardware of FLC7 I do not see a display for. 4.3 or 5” display within the displays 4d seem to do some nice touch displays.

The goal is to use the 4d software and display to design the graphics and FLC7 to assign and interact with the i/o

Any advice please before I start purchasing from matrix and some other vender for the display thanks :D

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Question hardware

Post by QMESAR »

markavo wrote: Looking at buying some hardware to use with the PI within FLC7 (I have not purchased the arm pack) do I need this pack to see the pi within the hardware list (platform I’m going to use for a project) or when I connect the E-blocks rpi program board will show up.
I am not sure if I understand your question/Comments correctly however ,you can not program the RPI with Flowcode even if you buy the ARM chip pack,The EB385 is just an interface board between the RPI and eblocks or your own Hardware ,it can not program the RPI and it also will not show up as a board in FC
2.JPG
2.JPG (44.87 KiB) Viewed 5281 times

markavo

Post by markavo »

Thank you, the part i was reading regarding rpi shield page was http://www.matrixtsl.com/webshop/e-bloc ... hield.html it says :
The Raspberry Pi shield allows you to connect a Raspberry Pi PCB computer up to an E-blocks system to provide you with a powerful programming and debugging platform.

I had taken this as FC7 would use the arm processor and i could program it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I think i will need to use the Arduino to do what i want to do then as i believe FC7 can program this while connected to the shield using mLoader.

Any information for me please on the display.
Do you know if FC7 supports Arduino Due or plans to do so.

Thanks again.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi
I was unaware of the new Board BL0036 so what I said might not be 100% True I will advise you to wait a bit till Benj can answer your questions,
my comments was on the EB385 ,There is also no datasheet on the BL0036 page to look at .
Please hang on a bit MATRIX Staff will clear this issue for you and also the display there are a number of 4D display that is supported

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Flowcode 7 is not able to program the Raspberry Pi. However watch the announcements on the forum as there might be changes afoot...
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

HI,

John posted a nice tutorial on the 4D displays here

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 26&t=15212

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
Do you know if FC7 supports Arduino Due or plans to do so.
We currently have no plans to support the Due.
The EB385 is just an interface board between the RPI and eblocks or your own Hardware ,it can not program the RPI and it also will not show up as a board in FC
This is correct, however I can confirm that Raspberry Pi targetting is coming in Flowcode 8 and the EB2 BL0036 board allows for full ICD/ICT debugging of the Raspberry Pi.
I’ve also been looking at 4d systems displays in the displays hardware of FLC7 I do not see a display for. 4.3 or 5” display within the displays 4d seem to do some nice touch displays.
Most of the 4D displays support a mode called VISI, you design your front end in the 4D software and then can interface to it using the Flowcode VISI component.

markavo

Post by markavo »

Thank you for all the information.

Do you have a date set yet for Flowcode 8

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

markavo wrote:Do you have a date set yet for Flowcode 8
We should have an announcement in the next few weeks...