Libaries (various) & Flowcode

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Docara

Libaries (various) & Flowcode

Post by Docara »

Hello all,

Whats the latest on importing, say, Arduino libraries or similar, into FC can this be done yet and if so how do they get used?

Thanks
MAtt

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Libaries (various) & Flowcode

Post by Benj »

Hi Matt,

We investigated parsing arduino libraries into flowcode components but currently this is still not possible. We have also investigated using arduino libraries as is in your flowcode projects but the blend of c and c++ used by the libraries makes this tricky. We've not abandoned the idea and hope to investigate further in the near future.

The best way if you are familiar with arduino c code is to port the code into native flowcode and create a component. This allows you to also craft a simulation to go along with the embedded code.

Which library are you interested in? Maybe we can make it into a component for you.

Docara

Post by Docara »

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately I do not know how to port code - that's why I purchased FC :wink:

As using Arduino libraries is not yet possible, is there any news on the 1wire component request I asked for quite a while ago now (via PM) I supplied soo much info and links to info on you to do it? You've actually already done most of the work needed to make the chips work.

If you remember it was what I termed a 'building block component' that would allow us to use all manor of 1 wire devices and multiple devices easily without you guys having to sort out discrete items.

Matt

Docara

Post by Docara »

Any further forward to a reply?

Matt