Supporting the STM32F103 ?

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Docara

Supporting the STM32F103 ?

Post by Docara »

Hi,

Due to the prevalence of these great little boards for £1.5-£3 ish on out favourite auction site, is there any possibility of theses being supported by Flowcode anytime soon?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... 3&_sacat=0

Thanks
Matt

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Supporting the STM32F103 ?

Post by Benj »

Hi Matt,

The STM32F1 devices are very different from the other ranges and require completely different code. This is why they are currently unsupported.

We can probably add them to the list to investigate when we get some time.

Docara

Post by Docara »

So realistically are you talking weeks or months?

What I'm meaning is If I choose one of those modules and sort out the electronics blah blah, and get a PCB made up, cock up the soldering and have another one made would we both be in the ball park?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Matt,

I think the question at the moment is "if" and not "when". As Ben said, we need to investigate to determine how long it would take to implement this range of devices. Our initial estimates are that it could be weeks, in which case I think it would be unlikely we'd do this work soon.

My advice would be to use an alternative device that is supported by Flowcode. In the meantime, we will look into this range again and reassess how feasible it would be to add them.

Regards,
Steve.

Docara

Post by Docara »

Hi Steve

Thank you for a fuller explanation and an honest appraisal of Matrix's position - much appreciated.

The problem is I want to use Flowcode but need the same sort of footprint and bare 'boardness' of a Nano's or F103 BUT including the functionality of the ESP32 or F103 or higher. Additionally, youy own ECIO boards do not include the hardware I require. so I'm a bit stuck there also.

Thanks
Matt

Edit: Just reread my post - to be clear I'm not saying or implying Ben was dishonest with his answer

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Matt,

No worries. I just wanted to be clearer that "we'll investigate" or "we'll look into it" does not necessarily mean "we'll do it"!

If you have a specific requirement in terms of hardware features, etc, then there might be other alternative chips to consider that Flowcode does support. If you post your requirements, someone on the forum might be able to offer some suggestions.

Regards,
Steve.

zumpitu

Post by zumpitu »

I'm also very interested to that kind of board, I was actually checking if Flowcode will support on the future the F0 and I found this topic.

We have also the Nucleo 32 that is like 2 time the price, but is an F3 and have 72 Mhz, still a good choice