Line following robot cleaner question

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

viktor_au

Line following robot cleaner question

Post by viktor_au »

I was thinking about the robot-cleaner project a few times, however right now, during the house renovation I thought about it again. This time I thought about the guided robot-cleaner version (not some kind of autonomouth robot and a very complex project).

As the floor should be redone shortly, it is probably a good idea to use the simple wire-guidance system for the robot-cleaner by putting the wire above the 'black' floor before the laminated boards or 'top' floor would be installed.
FC users have done the line-following robot projects... (probably a lot, but I coudn't find many topics).
The difference between the reading the black line and the inductive 'line' or (magnetic field) is in the pick-up system.
I thought about the beacon based system as well ... (like the ble beacons or any other rf beacon systems) but (I think) the wire guidance simplicity is hard to beat.
The reason I raised that topic is that maybe some of Matrix forum users did the inductive 'line' follower and direct me to a good project of give me some good ideas what to do and what not to do. Thanks.

viktor_au

Re: Line following robot cleaner question

Post by viktor_au »