version 2 analogue and digital sensors

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

ukweb

version 2 analogue and digital sensors

Post by ukweb »

Hi
1. Can i know about the analogue and digital sensors on matrix multimedia v2 board. Can they be used to send and receive data. If yes, how could they be accessed by writing a C code.

2.Is it possible to connect to a xm10u (x10 block) through any of these sensors.

I think as the xm10u modulates and demodulates the signals, it could be accessed via the digital sensor.

Thanks
ukweb

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I presume you are asking about the 2 white "BT" sockets. I wouldn't recomment using them for anything other than the range of sensors we supply. The pin-outs are shown in the circuit diagram for the board (probably on the ELSAM CD) if you're really interested.

I would suggest you used the screw terminal blocks available for ports A and B to connect to the X10 transceiver, or use the terminal block headers to connect to ports C / D (if you are using a 28 / 40-pin chip).

You may need some additional protection circuitry to avoid damage to the PIC when using this transceiver (our E-Block module provides this protection).

I hope this info is useful.