16f876 28 pin connecting x10

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

ukweb

16f876 28 pin connecting x10

Post by ukweb »

Hi
The previous post response was as follows:
( I would suggest you used the screw terminal blocks available for ports A and B to connect to the X10 transceiver, or use the terminal block headers to connect to ports C / D (if you are using a 28 / 40-pin chip). )

So by using a 28 pin (16f876) -- matrix multimedia board v2 to connect to the x10 transceiver (xm10u) .
Where are the terminal block headers, i cant spot them on the board v2, are the terminal block headers mentioned on the data sheet. Please let me know.
thanks
ukweb

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

The screw terminals on the v2 board are located at either side of the board, just above the sensor sockets - portA to the left and portB to the right.

If you are using an '876 I would suggest using portC via the 40-way expansion header. This header is next to the DIL socket for 40-pin PICmicros. It's pin-out replicates the 40-pin chip, so look at the datasheet for an '877 (or similar) to find where portC is located.

Note that on some boards, we did not actually fit this 40-way header, but the holes will be there and you should be able to solder directly to them.