FC8 Application Doesn't Run Properly

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Steve D

FC8 Application Doesn't Run Properly

Post by Steve D »

Hi, everyone. I'm hoping someone might have either had this issue and fixed it, or might just have some ideas of what I can try to fix it?

I have windows10 on a Dell notebook. It is company administered, however I do have local admin rights on it (one of the lucky few :P ).
I had installed FC8 and it was running fine, however I decided to install FC7 as well (I have full licence for both), after that FC8 would not run properly. I select FC8, it runs and the app interface briefly appears on the screen, but it then disappears from both the desktop and task bar. It still seems to be running in memory but I just can't access the application. I'm familiar with apps sometimes starting up and are off the screen, to fix them I just "move" them back to the desktop, but in this case it isn't the problem.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I have uninstalled or re-installed FC8 at least twice and the same problem persists.

Regards, Steve

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: FC8 Application Doesn't Run Properly

Post by mnf »

Try this.

[url]viewtopic.php?f=78&t=21435[\url]

I had to do the registry reset too...

Martin

Steve D

Re: FC8 Application Doesn't Run Properly