MPLAD IDE 7.22 question

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Hurdy

MPLAD IDE 7.22 question

Post by Hurdy »

Is anyone using the PIC Development 3 board with an ICD2 using microchips MPLAB IDE V7.22?

I cannot get it working and could use some help understanding how to set it up.

Hurdy

Post by Hurdy »

Problem solved.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

There are a few things to note regarding ICD2 use with our dev board (HP488) and multiprogrammer (EB-006).

By default, these boards come with a 19.6608MHz crystal, but this crystal speed has problems with the ICD2. Instead, either replace it with a lower value, or use the RC mode instead.

It is also important to power the dev board before connecting the ICD2.

I usually need to make sure the ICD2 is plugged in to the PC at least 10 secs before I launch MPLAB.

Another recent problem I had with my ICD2 needed me to open it up and replace some of the resistors. I encountered this when working on our up-coming dsPIC E-Block. It seems that certain versions of the ICD2 were unreliable at programming certain dsPICs and needed this mod. The info was on a Microchip forum.

Hurdy: was your problem one of those listed above?

Hurdy

Post by Hurdy »

I can get my program to load into my PIC fine via the ICD2.
I have to use my board in RC mode as XTL mode won't work, which isn't a problem.
The only problem I have at the moment is that I am unable to step through and animate my code in real time using my ICD2.
Using MPLAB simulate mode once I reach a GOTO or a CALL command in my code my program just restarts back to the begining again.

Anyone have the same problem?