Problem in RS232 Communication after programing to IC18f4550

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Kumaran

Problem in RS232 Communication after programing to IC18f4550

Post by Kumaran »

Hi,

I have developed a program with RS232 Communcation in flow code. I have tested it in MPLAB debugging mode. It worked fine. Then I programmed the code. But after programing the RS232 communication was not working. in the sense there is a datatransfer between the PC and PIC. But Incorrect format. I dont know if it is configuration bits problem. If for some configuration settings at debug mode woorked then it should after code deployment also isn't it?

attached the configuration bits snap. Thanks inadvance.

Kumaran
Attachments
Configuration Bits.JPG
(143.91 KiB) Downloaded 1278 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Problem in RS232 Communication after programing to IC18f4550

Post by Benj »

Hello

Are you programming directly from MPLAB? Ive found that the configuration data in MPLAB is strange eg for a standard build the configuration data will not be included. You have to do an extra file->export to actually get the configuration data into a hex file. Ive also never programmed a chip via MPLAB so im afraid I cannot comment on whats needed here to pass across the configuration data.

Kumaran

Post by Kumaran »

Hi

with out mplab, how can we program the chip? is it possible to program (burning) from Flowcode? I am using ICD2.

Regards
Kumaran

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Yes I think this is possible. There might be a guide on how to do this on our forums but if not then Sean should know how this is done.