PIC16F88 problem!!!

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

santhosh

PIC16F88 problem!!!

Post by santhosh »

I am on a project to make 48v battery pack equaliser using PIC16F88 .I made the whole program and when I compile it and simulate ,it works.But when I program it USING IC_PROG it doesnot work.I wanted only the internal 8MHz oscillator.How to configure it and how to make it work.When I program it and verify it ,there is no error.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC16F88 problem!!!

Post by medelec35 »

Hello santhosh
Have you read http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... =26&t=6936
That will help you. (espically C) configuration settings as that could be your problem!).
Have you placed a suggested C Box with osscon, and value suggested?
in configuration window is watchdog timer set to off?
Is Oscillator set to internal with port I/O?
Is RA5/MCLR set to RA5, unless you have a pull up resistor on pin 4.
Is low voltage programming disabled.
Set up Flowcode to produce 1 Hz Flasher. Is the port toggling at correct frequency?

If you have MPLAB installed, You can first select 'Configure' then select device. From file menu select import. then import hex generated by Flowcode, and you would be able to look at the how all the configuration bits have been set by selecting 'Configure' & 'Configuration Bits..'

After reading information in the above link, and you still have problems, Then if your OK with making your flowchart public, then if you post it, someone will take a look and help you further.
Martin