Programmer option AVRDUDE / USBasp

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

armagon29

Programmer option AVRDUDE / USBasp

Post by armagon29 »

Dear All:

I used FC V3 demo for AVRs some time ago, I used my USBasp programmer to load the hex into AVRs , the USBasp is based into AVRDUDE, I had to change the “Programmer Options” as follow > Parameters: %a usbasp usb "%f.hex" %cfg %c0 %c1 %c2 %c3, the programmer works OK , but when I try to use the same configuration into a FC V4 Demo it does not work, why?, could you be so kindly to help me

Thanks

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Programmer option AVRDUDE / USBasp

Post by Sean »

For V4 we changed the operation of the programmer batch file to make it easier to swap between AVRDUDE and STK500, both options using the AVRISPmkII programmer. This seemed to be the most common requirement for AVR users.

We now have some experience with alternative programming options (ASP, BiPOM, Arduino etc.) and can support them with modified versions of the original programmer batch file.

The name of the programmer and the port to be used are now declared in the top two lines of the batch file (avrc.bat).

I have attached a modified batch file (avrc_USBasp) that has the USBasp programmer declared.
avrc_USBasp.zip
(763 Bytes) Downloaded 579 times
This file should be extracted into the Tools\MX_bats folder of your Flowcode installation.

The programmer parameters should be returned to their default settings.

The path in the Programmer section of the 'Chip -> Compiler Options' menu will then need to be edited to point to the new file.

Example from my PC:
C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode AVR V4\Tools\MX_bats\avrc_USBasp.bat

Any other programmers supported by AVRDUDE can be used from Flowcode by following a similar process.