ECIO not installed

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

achillis1

ECIO not installed

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

I have just purchased an ECIO and when I connecgt it to my laptop then I here the Windows sound that a usb device has been insert, then it installs the driver and then I hear another sound that indicates that the usb device has been removed!!!
When I try to download a program to ecio then a message says that usb not connected.
I reinstalled the ecio driver but nothing. I also pressed the ecio reset button for over a second.
I connect the ecio, then I hear the connection sound and after the green LED on the ecio stops flashing I hear the disconnection sound!!!!

Any ideas?

Thank you inb advance,

Best Regards,
Achillis

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO not installed

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

The ECIO's have a bootloader in them, and part of that bootloader is to only be connected to the PC for about 5seconds after inserting the device or pressing the reset button.

You can program the device in Flowcode when you are prompted to, press the reset button.

If you are not using Flowcode then you should have got a CD with the ECIO programming tool on it.

achillis1

Post by achillis1 »

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you take a look at the text document, at the unreferenced functions removed by flowcode?

Do they mean anything?

Thank you

achillis1

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

It seems that the ecio now is working but the eb006 with the 16f877a pic has a problem detecting the usb cable!
I will check again and post if th eproblem persists.

achillis1

Post by achillis1 »

Sorry about the text document I asked you to take a look at, I am attaching now!!!!
Attachments
New Text Document (2).txt
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The ECIO bootloader and the EB006 both use the Microchip system driver and as such only one of these devioces can be connected at a time. Eg if you have the EB006 connected then the ECIO may not enter bootloader mode and program correctly.

Unreferenced functions = functions that are not called at any point by your program. All the compiler is saying is that it is not putting the unused functions on the chip because they are not called and would only waste memory space.

achillis1

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

I am connecting the ECio on my laptop and onky I can here the windows sound for connecting and immediately disconnecting!
Bip and bip and bip..... all over.

I tried to reset the ECIO but still the same problem!!!

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

You could try loading up the ECIO prog tool ( C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\Tools\ECIOprog ) having that open and then plug the ECIO in, this should allow it to stay in program mode, then you can check whether it is properly listed in device manager.