CLOCK PULSE WITH PIC32

An area to discuss 32-bit PIC specific problems and examples

Moderator: Benj

SILVESTROS9

CLOCK PULSE WITH PIC32

Post by SILVESTROS9 »

Hello to all!
In a project, I need a clock in the area of ns . Is it possible to use a PIC32MZ or PIC32MX to produce a clock in the area 200ns-800ns with resolution of 100ns ? What is the chip configuration for a stable clock pulse? What PIC I must choose for that, and what is the minimum frequency of external crystal
that must be used to have a clear and stable clock in above area?
In the FC7, is it possible to set delays under 1μs (in the area of ns ) when I use PIC32XX ?

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: CLOCK PULSE WITH PIC32

Post by QMESAR »

Hi
need a clock in the area of ns . Is it possible to use a PIC32MZ or PIC32MX to produce a clock in the area 200ns-800ns
Yes this is absolute possible for example a PIC32MX470F512H running at 120MHZ can produce single or pulse trains below 200nSec's
PIC32MZ will even do better but it is an expensive controller
What is the chip configuration for a stable clock pulse?
This you will see in the Chip Data sheet and Reference manual for Output Compare module there is no FC component for OC Module you need to use a C icon and do it yourself as the FC Component only support PWM mode
]what is the minimum frequency of external crystal
This is hard top answer with out knowing your project as the minimum you can use will depend on the way the OSC is configured and handled in chip HW and what your end Frequency needs to be as you will see in the OSC module print attached there s a few things to calculate
In the FC7, is it possible to set delays under 1μs (in the area of ns ) when I use PIC32XX ?
If you are thinking to produce pluses with delay then you are on the wrong path
:)
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (69.75 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (87.61 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 5753 times

SILVESTROS9

Re: CLOCK PULSE WITH PIC32

Post by SILVESTROS9 »

Thanks QMESAR for info .
I'll make some tests with PIC32 . Another solution is to use a DDS generator with AD9850 that works well at 1-3 MHz , making the control word with an 8bit PIC. About delays, of course I'll not use them for clocking , just for delay in some special operations.