Concerning bug and correction!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

Concerning bug and correction!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

I was looking here: http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 76&t=20121

Concerning update and correcting bugs etc. in FC8.

Does this means that this:

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... ic_Updates

replaces this for FC8 in the future:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 63&t=19743

Or will this also be in FC8?

Thus, we should not download these zip files and do not be bothered to overwrite corrected/new files in the respective libraries :wink:

I dont see any update in the trial version.

Br here from Denmark in summerheat with +30 Degree :D

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Concerning bug and correction!

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Jorgen.
jgu1 wrote:Concerning update and correcting bugs etc. in FC8.
Does this means that this:
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... ic_Updates
replaces this for FC8 in the future:
Yes in FC8 the bug fixes are updated automatically by the auto updater as you have seen in the link to the FC8 wiki in the thread you are refering too,

When you have for example a PIC18 project and you open this project FC detect that you are using a PIC18 and then the update popup dialog will popup,or at least with me the update was not visible until I selected the project which contains a mcu/tool chain that there is an update for,
In FC8 the days of unzipping files into Flowcode to fix bugs is past :D

However Ben will give you more info just my 2 cents :D

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Qmasar!

Thank you. So do you also think it would be possible to check for correction for all other devices or do I have to check one by on?

Jorgen

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jorgen,
What I do is Check from the full database:
Updates.png
(60.9 KiB) Downloaded 2078 times
The way to do the updates is either select a new project or open existing one, so you get the more menus at the top.
Select Help, Check for updates, then select Full database on the drop-down as seen in the above image.
Then it allows you to update all devices.
It's a great feature as it lets you select previous versions if latest update breaks something else.

Martin
Martin

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hi all,

Thank you to Martin and QMESAR for the explanation. My intention when developing the update feature was to avoid spamming users who only use certain files in their projects with endless notifications of updates that they might never need. I also did not want to intimidate beginners by showing possibly 2000+ files in the update dialog!

As such, typically Flowcode will notify you for updates to any FCDs/Components etc. that you are using, and you will have to manually invoke "Full Database" to check for updates to the full set of files. This is still a fairly quick thing to do though.

Note that the Full Database option will also notify you of any missing files on your machine! This means that as new components are added (for example by Ben), these can be deployed to your installation just by ensuring that your copy is up-to-date! (and without zip files having to be manually copied etc.) In fact, I think that Ben has already added new components since V8 came out last week.

Rolling back to previous versions is also possible if you really need to, but hopefully there shouldn't ever be a need for that!

Daniel

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

DanielM wrote:
My intention when developing the update feature was to avoid spamming users who only use certain files in their projects with endless notifications of updates that they might never need. I also did not want to intimidate beginners by showing possibly 2000+ files in the update dialog!
As such, typically Flowcode will notify you for updates to any FCDs/Components etc. that you are using,
Daniel This is perfect I only want to update the stuff I use all other stuff is of non concern I think your method is correct :D :D

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi all!
Thank´s for answer

Finally, now I am a FC8 user also, so you do not get rid of me :lol:

I'm really glad that it's now is so easy to get updated when there are corrected files. In the past, we spent a lot of time overwriting files in the different libraries. :D

So now, making program,projects and testing.

Br Jorgen