Tiny Arduino!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

Tiny Arduino!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi MM!

I got a couble of these from a friend: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leonardo-Pro-M ... 2749.l2649

I know it is these cheap Chinese device. When I connect it to the USB the USB recognize it as an Leonardo, but FC8 will not program it. I tryed with some other device in project option, but no luck.
Doesn´t FC8 not support this tiny Arduino at all? And if not its ok, not a complain, there is lot of other tiny devices who work perfeckt with FC. :wink:

Could be..

Br Jorgen

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Tiny Arduino!

Post by Benj »

Hi Jorgen,

I've got some Chinese Nano boards and as these have no USB socket I have to program these using a custom made connector to connect to my AVRISP mkII.

As for the Leonardo, these should be ok, might be worth trying the press the reset switch when sending the program as the bootloader can be fiddly to enter into. It could also be that the baud rate is wrong, this is specified in the programmer options at the top of the definition file. For some reason Chinese modules often come with all sorts of baud rates. e.g. the default baud on the ESP8266 may be 115220, 9600 or 38400.

Definition files are located here if you want to try and edit it using a text editor.
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV8\FCD\ARD

Specifically this line near the top of the file.

Code: Select all

<programmer exe="$(compileravr)batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat" params="atmega32u4 avr109 com7 57600 "$(outdir)$(target).hex"" UsesComm="1" />
Remember to reload Flowcode after an edit.

Finally can the Arduino IDE program the device? Might also be worth trying Xloader.
http://russemotto.com/xloader/

jgu1

Re: Tiny Arduino!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

Thank you for taking time and good explanation.

I will test your advice. It could be that I could have choose an another device in FC8 to program the Leonardo with. Otherwise it doesn´t matter as I said there are many other tiny Arduino in FC I can use.

Until now, really good experience with FC8. and specially the way we now can check and correct new updates from helpmenu and Fc do it automatic, really a good feature, easy and it work..
FC8 is all the money worth :D Good job from MM team.

Br Jorgen