LCD Backlight Grove I2C with Arduino R3 UNO

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Jouan

LCD Backlight Grove I2C with Arduino R3 UNO

Post by Jouan »

Hi,
I just tried to print a string on LCD Backlight Grove I2C V2.0 with an Arduino R3 UNO and a shield grove.
But it doesn't work. :?
The first routine component blocks all the reste of my prog.
I tried several adresses, but without success.
Do you have a solution ? Thank in advance,
Attachments
LCD_LCD(GROVE-I2C)_12.fcfx
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Jouan

Re: LCD Backlight Grove I2C with Arduino R3 UNO

Post by Jouan »

with the Arduino free software, my LCD-display works perfectly.
In Flowcode V8, i tried the adresses 62 (0X3E) for the LCd adress and 98 (0X62) for the RGB adress in the property off LCD (Grove-I2C) component (read on the site http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-LCD_RGB_Backlight/ of my LCD-display)
But it's not works. :|
Please, if you have an idea, because i have tried everyhing... :(

Jouan

Post by Jouan »

Nobody has any solution to this problem ?
I'm disappointed. I tested the eight version because my institution has the version six and i thought it was better (for this). But it was a bad idea. I return to the six one and i works with the bugs.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

If the I2C is blocking then it could potentially be caused by lack of external pull up resistors on the I2C pins? Do you have a schematic for the board?

Have you tried a different channel, e.g. the software channel to see if bit banging the I2C helps at all.

You can enable software internal pull ups if you need to using a line of C code.

For the LCD address try "124" and for the RGB address try "196".
I tested the eight version because my institution has the version six and i thought it was better (for this). But it was a bad idea. I return to the six one and i works with the bugs.
Not sure what you mean by this. Unless you are maybe referring to versions of Flowcode.

Jouan

Post by Jouan »

Hi, in first, thanks you very much, it works on Flowcode 8 !
1- I placed two pull up resistor on the SCL and SDA
2- I changed the address of LCD and RGB with 124 and 196
And now i can write on the LCD Backlight Grove with the IDE Arduino or the Flowcode 8 soft.
It's a bit magical in that i don't know why without those "Pull up", the IDE programme can work.
Perhaps is it because i don't understand the part of your explanation :
Have you tried a different channel, e.g. the software channel to see if bit banging the I2C helps at all.
You can enable software internal pull ups if you need to using a line of C code.
As in the following image, i used the A4 and the A5 pins, but we can use the LDA and the SCL from J9 jonction of the Arduino
I join the photo of the mount (sorry, too dark)

Thank you again, Ben, for your help,

Now, I have to try to find a equivalent solution with the flowcode 6 and just using the "IC2_master" tool for manage the same LCD...
Attachments
LCD_LCD(GROVE-I2C)_13.fcfx
(10.69 KiB) Downloaded 140 times