Flowcode 8.1 Does not work! SOLVED!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

Flowcode 8.1 Does not work! SOLVED!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

When I look in help > about FC I see version 8.0.0.6 If I looke here:
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 76&t=20621 Steve mention that we have to uninstall FC 8 and reinstall FC8.1 ???

I have done all the updates via help. Is there a newer version of ver. 8.0.0.6 or is 8.1 only for /include the Scada, please.

Br Jorgen
Last edited by jgu1 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Flowcode 8.1

Post by kersing »

Flowcode 8.1 includes other improvements apart from SCADA. I would suggest you update. I don't think this update is available in the update system as it updates the main FC executable, but 'just' the components. Go to the Flowcode 8.1 download page to download the update.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

jgu1

Re: Flowcode 8.1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Kersing!

thank you. I dowloaded the pathfile (guess its enough ) run the file. I see changes in FC(, but now I am not able to start a new project, I can´t choose or change a target.
ex. new > embedded project > choose a target by scrolling down, but nothing happend when i click/dobbelclick on the target.

Is it a bug or should I get the hole download for FC8. ?

Thanks in advance.
Jorgen

jgu1

Re: Flowcode 8.1 Does not work!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi MM team!

This morning I have tryed to uninstall and reinstall FC8. I think there is bugs in the programm.

Yesterday I tryed to run the Path, and is not able to load targets. Now with the complete install, still the same. :x

If I open an existing project I am also not able to change target, and furthermore, FC8 suddently close down :x Never done before…..

I use the same laptob as I have used since FC8 came up. Work perfect with FC8 Ver.8.0.0.6 but not with ver. 8.1

So guy´s, I recommend, dont install before MM team have had a look on it. If I am doing something wrong, of course I apologize.

Br Jorgen

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Hi Jorgen,

What errors are you getting? I have 8.1 running - though I couldn't get the patch to work at all - and seems OK so far.
I'd downloaded the beta - about a week ago - I'll try downloading the 'release' version and install that on my laptop - see if I can get it working or replicate the problems you are getting..

Martin

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Martin.

When I open FC8 and want to start a new project, I want to choose a target, I click on the target I want to use, and try to doble click on the device, But nothing happend. The same If I open an existing project, I am not able to change target, is it not the correct handling I do?

NB. Ship the display tomorrow. :wink:

Br Jorgen.

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Double-clicking the target doesn't seem to work - try just select target and then clicking OK.

& thanks - looking forward to it!

Martin

jgu1

Re: Flowcode 8.1 Does not work! SOLVED!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi all!

Sorry, my fault. Yes Martin, perfect, you are one of the big master´s here :wink: Thank you….
I could not see the ok bottom, have to increase the size of the vindow.

Glad it was me and not FC8. sorry to all.. :wink:

Br Jorgen

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Flowcode 8.1 Does not work! SOLVED!

Post by mnf »

Glad it fixed it. Might be an oversight at Matrix as the double click used to work.

Martin