License registration incorrect or not working

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Ras

License registration incorrect or not working

Post by Ras »

I intially installed FC8 and manually activated using the key and the file provided on my account. The activation seemed to work alright as seen here:
[img]
FC8 Activated OK with Key of June 1, 2018.jpg
FC8 Activated OK with Key of June 1, 2018.jpg (72.54 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
[/img]

Except for when I check using the Help/Manage Licenses/My Flowcode License it shows differently as below:
[img]
FC8 Activated but Manage License says different than View Lic.jpg
FC8 Activated but Manage License says different than View Lic.jpg (28.72 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
[/img]

And the Help/Check for Updates/ remains not available as below:
[img]
FC8 Activated but Check for Updates Not Available.jpg
FC8 Activated but Check for Updates Not Available.jpg (48.22 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
[/img]

Lately I completely uninstalled, downloaded to the latest version available, re-installed and re-activated using the new key and file from my account thinking that my issues will be surely fixed. First of all the new key/file did not work, activation failed with the following message: This key does not match the user name provided. For fun I tried the older key and file from June which were accepted. Unfortunately all the issues I am describing are not resolved and I remain without access to any updates. :o

Currently I have 8.1.0.8 installed on a Win 7 Pro PC and still plagued.

Am I doing anything not quite right or is this an FC8 bug?

Please review and let me know.

Also apologies if the pictures are not in-line. I tried but the preview does not show them as such so I do not know how they will appear before submitting. Lastly is there a limit of 3 to the number of attach files?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: License registration incorrect or not working

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Can you please PM me the username of your account and i will have a look and see what the problem might be.

Ras

Post by Ras »

Hi David,

Today using a fresh licence file and activation key I tried and successfully succeed to activate my FC8 ver 8.1. without encountering any activation errors.

Having done so far I was expecting the other issues flagged to go away but unfortunately they did not.

The Help\Check for Updates... item is still grayed out not available
[img]
FC8 Activated but Check for Updates Not Available.jpg
FC8 Activated but Check for Updates Not Available.jpg (48.22 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
[/img]

The Help\Manage licences...\My Flowcode Licence is still reporting incorrectly that my licence is for personal use only
[img]
FC8 Activated but Manage License says different than View Lic.jpg
FC8 Activated but Manage License says different than View Lic.jpg (28.72 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
[/img]

I did not take new pictures because they would show exactly like the old ones attached here.
Please review and let me know what else can be done. Tks

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ras,
You must start a new project or load an existing project before you can update.
There must be 8 menus including help, before you can update:
Updates1.png
(18.92 KiB) Downloaded 1325 times
Martin

Ras

Post by Ras »

Thank you Martin! :D

I opened an existing project and, as you said, the magic happened and the Help\Check for Updates... menu item was available and prompted for refreshing some FC components. I kind of understand the purpose of this if it is meant to refresh projects. May be Matrix can think of a better name for it such as project components update? Or may be a quick message is displayed on clicking on this item when it is grayed out. Honestly I was thinking that this is what I need to click for FC8 software updates for upgrading from FC8.0 to 8.1 for example in which case the menu item should be always available should it not?

Now the only issue of high importance related to this topic is the fact that my licence is reported incorrectly by the menu Help\Manage licenses...\My Flowcode License which in my case says I have a Pro version good for personal use only. The menu Help\View Licenses... on the other hand correctly states Pro version for commercial environment.

Which license do I have and will I run into restrictions issues? Should the results from these two menu items not agree?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Ras,

If you have the Professional pack then you are good for using the code generated by Flowcode in any commercial design you might have.

Their seems to be an inconsistency in the wording, i will have a look at that and see if we cant get it to be more consistent.