Oscilloscope

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Proflolo

Oscilloscope

Post by Proflolo »

Bonjour,
J'ai besoin d'aide pour utiliser l'oscilloscope de Flowcode 8.
Pour être clair, je n'arrive à rien.
Je voulais juste regarder ce qui passe en sortie d'une Arduino Uno R3 pour commander un afficheur en passant par un TM1637.
Je cherche juste à voir
et pourquoi pas enregistrer la trame.
Est ce possible ?
Merci beaucoup

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Oscilloscope

Post by kersing »

Would you mind using English in this part of the forum? There is a separate section of the forum for French messages.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Proflolo

Post by Proflolo »

OK.. so sorry..
Where can in find the french part ?
Thanks

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Here is the French part of the forum.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Proflolo

Post by Proflolo »

But can you help me with the oscilloscope ?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Sorry if this is "hijacking a thread" but I think there might be an issue with v8 Oscilloscope.

In v7 if I View>Oscilloscope it appears and I can select which port number I wish to monitor underneath each channel. If I select a port I can use the "scope". No issue.

In v8, although the "scope" appears I cannot assign any ports to channels. If however I select Tools>Scope Monitor and assign a port number to it, the Data Recorder does capture activity.

From Google translate, the above is (with apologies) in French.

Désolé s'il s'agit d'un "détournement de fil" mais je pense qu'il pourrait y avoir un problème avec v8

En v7, si je le visualise> oscilloscope, il apparaît et je peux sélectionner le numéro de port que je souhaite surveiller sous chaque canal. Si je sélectionne un port, je peux utiliser le "scope". Pas de problème.

Dans la v8, bien que "scope" apparaisse, je ne peux pas affecter de ports aux canaux. Si toutefois je sélectionne Outils> Scope Monitor et que je lui attribue un numéro de port, l’enregistreur de données enregistre l’activité.

Edit----
Now posted this in the French section...

Proflolo

Post by Proflolo »

Thank you for your reply.
If someone has an idea ?
I absolutely can not operate the oscilloscope. It is impossible to select an input or an output of an Arduino board for example.
Even on a simple installation "flashing an LED" impossible to view anything with the oscilloscope.
Need help on this one's friends .. Thank you

Merci pour votre réponse.
Si quelqu'un à une idée ?
Je n'arrive absolument pas à faire fonctionner l'oscilloscope. Il est impossible de sélectionner une entrée ou une sortie d'une carte Arduino par exemple.
Même sur un montage tout simple "clignotement d'une LED" impossible de visualiser quoi que ce soit avec l'oscilloscope.
Besoin d'aide sur ce coup les amis .. Merci :wink:

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Exactly as I saw. In v8 I cannot select an input. This appears to be a bug.

Would it be possible for you to use the data recorder instead?

Drag the "scope" from Tools > Scope Monitor on to your panel. In properties you can set which pins to monitor. When you run your program the data recorder window will appear showing activity on whatever pin(s) you have selected. This does work in v8 and the information in the window is retained during a pause and also when stopped allowing you to scroll through.

Hope this helps until the Oscilloscope "bug" is fixed.

Regards

Exactement comme j'ai vu. En v8, je ne peux pas sélectionner une entrée. Cela semble être un bug.

Serait-il possible pour vous d'utiliser l'enregistreur de données à la place?
Faites glisser la "portée" de Outils> Moniteur de portée sur votre panneau. Dans les propriétés, vous pouvez définir les broches à surveiller. Lorsque vous exécutez votre programme, la fenêtre de l’enregistreur de données apparaît, indiquant l’activité sur la ou les broches sélectionnées. Cela fonctionne dans la v8 et les informations de la fenêtre sont conservées pendant une pause et également à l’arrêt, vous permettant de les faire défiler.

J'espère que cela vous aidera jusqu'à ce que le "bug" de l'oscilloscope soit corrigé.

Cordialement

Proflolo

Post by Proflolo »

Ok Merci .
Il y a donc un Bug avec l'oscilloscope. C'est dommage.
J'ai encore une question. A quoi correspond l'axe horizontal dans l'enregistreur de données ?
Merci

OK, thanks .
So there is a bug with the oscilloscope. Too bad.
I have another question. What is the horizontal axis in the data logger?
Thank you

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

The horizontal axis is time in micro-seconds. If you place your mouse in the "trace" the time in uS since the program started running is displayed.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... Data_Scope

Hope this helps.

Regards

Salut

L'axe horizontal représente le temps en micro-secondes. Si vous placez votre souris dans la "trace", l'heure affichée aux États-Unis depuis le début du programme est affichée.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... Data_Scope

J'espère que cela t'aides.

Proflolo

Post by Proflolo »

Bonjour,
Je post deux fois. Je sais que ce n'est pas autorisé.. MAis je pense avoir plus de chance ici ..
J'ai, peut être, la solution pour mon problème d'oscilloscope. Il utilise la technologie Ghost.
Ghost est il compatible avec les Arduino ?
J'aimerai vraiment utiliser l'oscilloscope de FLowcode avec mes élèves.
Merci

Hello,
I post twice. I know it's not allowed .. BUT I think I have more luck here ..
I may have the solution for my oscilloscope problem. He uses Ghost technology.
Ghost is it compatible with Arduino?
I would really like to use the FLowcode oscilloscope with my students.
Thank you

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Dear Proflolo,

My apologies for the delay with responding to your problem.

Ghost technology is only compatible with Matrix hardware. In order to use Ghost with your Arduino, you would need to plug your Arduino Uno into our BL0055 E-blocks 2 board. When connecting it to your PC, you will then have access to Ghost in Flowcode (this will enable usage of the ICD and ICT icons on the main toolbar). Enabling the sampling of certain pins in the Ghost options will then allow you to select them in the Oscilloscope drop-down. With ICT (In-Circuit-Test) switched on, the real-time value of pins will appear in the Oscilloscope.

To use the Data Recorder with Ghost, you need to add the Scope Monitor component to the 3D or 2D Panel, and then select your desired pins in its properties, just as chipfryer27 has suggested. Selecting ICT on the main toolbar will then show the live hardware data from these pins in the Data Recorder. The Scope Monitor is not related to the usage of the Oscilloscope.

If you wish to use the Oscilloscope in simulation mode (without reading pin data from the hardware), then this can be achieved by opening the Ghost options and selecting "Tick Used", then clicking "Ok". This will make the pins appear in the Oscilloscope drop-down buttons. This should not be necessary and is a bug in Flowcode which we are currently addressing.

The Data Recorder will work in simulation mode just by selecting pins using the Scope Monitor, and then starting simulation.

We have realised that the Data Recorder and Oscilloscope are not the easiest tools to use in Flowcode, and so we are currently making a big investment into improving their ease-of-use and functionality. Improvements can be expected in a few months time, which should make them much more enjoyable to navigate and play with. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you have encountered with using them.

All the best,

Daniel