PIC NCO/CLC/CWG

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

remopini

PIC NCO/CLC/CWG

Post by remopini »

Hi all

I'm new here, so maybe this has been answered before, but a forum search didn't turn anything up.

I'd like to use the NCO and CLC of a PIC device in Flowcode. I haven't seen any option of doing that, am I missing something?

Cheers

Remo

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: PIC NCO/CLC/CWG

Post by QMESAR »

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
These advanced modules are notsupported by a FC component however you can use them by setting them up in C code function block or Icon with code as per datasheet :D

remopini

Post by remopini »

Thank you for the quick answer, but I have no clue whatsoever on how to do that :(

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi

Those are very complex modules that can do amazing things , :D
What would you like to achieve ? which module of them is the one you are most interested in !
Also what is yout target chip(mcu)

remopini

Post by remopini »

I basically want to use a PIC18F25K42 to implement a SMTPE LTE decoder (Manchester BiPhase FM). According to AN1470, this can be done using 4 CLCs and the NCO of that chip. I also plan to add programming in the MCU part to make it report the decoded Timecode through I2C to a master MCU.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi.
Ok I see thanks for sharing ,I have seen this on a PIC16F150x device and there is actually a tool from MCHP to configure these models however on the PIC16F1 series chip the 18F's I would thinks is done in MPLABX Code configurater however not depending on Chip family you can use the generated C code from the tools in your FC project . :D

Good luck

remopini

Post by remopini »

Thx :). So I guess after all the back and forward, the answer kind of is "do it outside of Flowcode" and try to get it in somehow...

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi
Well you can directly write the C code in an C Icon but for thet you ned to understand the module good,I think the MPLAB Code configurator makes it a bit easier to do .