How to remove an component update in FC8?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How to remove an component update in FC8?

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben

The GraphCreator component was working nice. Today I made an update from the GraphCreator component. Now I have a big difference in the display, if I choose scrolling yes or no. Is my Programm wrong or the new version of the component? HHmmm I like to go back the the last version of the component. Can I do it?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: How to remove an component update in FC8?

Post by Benj »

Hello,

There now should be two graph creator components. Graph Creator and Graph Creator XY.

The XY version works in a totally different way to the none XY version.

If there is a problem with the Graph Creator component then please can you send me a project that demonstrates the problem and I will investigate for you. I'm not aware of any issues, the last change I simply added a simulation only export to CSV function, though something may have crept its way in.

I did fix some minor coordinate bugs in the GLCD base component this morning but this should only effect GLCD simulation.

You can roll back an update by looking at the Help -> Check For Updates.

Tick the Show up to date files check box and then you should be able to select the previous version of the Graph Creator component.
Update.jpg
Update.jpg (74.24 KiB) Viewed 2382 times

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben

The good news... It's not a problem from the component update. Sorry about it.

If I use scrolling, then the Graphcreator is slower and shows me accidentally the right waveform. When I turn off scroling, the Graph is much faster and I need a delay for the right waveform on the display.

Small question ... I can read or set the properti "scrolling"of the GraphCreater in the program?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
If I use scrolling, then the Graphcreator is slower and shows me accidentally the right waveform. When I turn off scroling, the Graph is much faster and I need a delay for the right waveform on the display.
Scrolling mode does take a lot more processing power and comms to the display so yes I would expect it to run significantly slower. They both have their uses. If you want to show slow changing data such as temperature and you want to see say readings from the last hour then scrolling might be best. If you want to show fast changing data such as audio then I would use the none scrolling, fill the graph then delay to see the wave and repeat.
Small question ... I can read or set the properti "scrolling"of the GraphCreater in the program?
Not currently but I could potentially add the ability to do this if it would be of use.

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben

yes please, that would be very good. Would that also be possible with: Min Value and Max Value?