Problems after Microchip compiler update

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Bep

Problems after Microchip compiler update

Post by Bep »

Hello,
I recently purchased a license for the MPLAB XC8 Pro compiler. The latest version (2.05) of their compiler was uploaded and installed per Microchip's prompt screens. Does FlowCode automatically uses the latest compiler after an update, or do I need to re-configure something?

I don't know if it is related but my Pic16LF15354 projects act erratic after I compile and download. If I take an old project that was working previously and simply download the hex file using MPLAB, the project works fine. If I take that same project and re-compile the code and download, the project partially functions but acts very erratic.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
B.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Problems after Microchip compiler update

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I believe if you have a pro license installed on your PC then Flowcode will use the Pro license but will use the packaged compiler. To point Flowcode at the newer version you can make a new entry in the Build -> Compiler options menu. Something like these settings should be correct.

Compiler location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.00\bin\xc8.exe

Compiler parameters

--chip=$(chip) "$(target).c" --MSGDISABLE=359,1273,1388

Bep

Re: Problems after Microchip compiler update

Post by Bep »

Thanks Benj.

That was simple enough. I was hoping this would fix my other problem too. It must have been unrelated. Doing a re-install did fix it though.

B.