Audio DSP solution manual query

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

Aidan_OSullivan

Audio DSP solution manual query

Post by Aidan_OSullivan »

I have been attempting to simulate program 1 on the Audio DSP solution manual and ran into a few problems, Could anybody answer a few of these issues. On the ‘SPI_Init’ macro there is a component called SPI Legacy which I cannot find in the component list on Flowcode. In addition the flow block chart for two macros, ‘Write_DAC’ and ‘Read_ADC’ are not provided and I can’t figure out how to code them based on the description. Could somebody provide help with this?

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: Audio DSP solution manual query

Post by LeighM »

Hi,
The SPI Legacy should be replaced with SPI Master, which is the latest SPI component.
There are also new components for the DSP Boards in Flowcode 8, so using these avoids the direct calls to the SPI Master.
I've attached a sample of DSP use with the latest components and also the exported macros for ‘Write_DAC’ and ‘Read_ADC’ if you still want to use the direct SPI calls.
Attachments
Write_DAC.fcm
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Read_ADC.fcm
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
1. DSP Audio Through.fcfx
(17.55 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

Aidan_OSullivan

Post by Aidan_OSullivan »

Hi Leigh,
Thanks for your reply it has been very helpful. Unfortunately however I am having issues opening the 'Write_DAC' and 'Read_ADC' files, as .fcm files can't be opened from Flowcode. To solve this problem I changed the format of the files to .fcfx from properties in file explorer after downloading them. When I attempted to open them from Flowcode it failed, giving me a message saying "No child block".

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Aidan,
Extensions that are .fcm are Flowcode Macros.
You will need to go to the Macros menu and select Import....
Martin