mLoader and Windows10

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

RILamb

Re: mLoader and Windows10

Post by RILamb »

dbg3-4.JPG
dbg3-4.JPG (25.8 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
dbg3-4.JPG
dbg3-4.JPG (25.8 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
dbg3-3.JPG
dbg3-3.JPG (25.85 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
dbg3-1.JPG
dbg3-1.JPG (23.68 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
Steve,
The answer to your question regarding a similar debug message to &pholz, is shown on the first of the attached screenshots. Similar, yes, but not the same. There were 9 debug messages (two duplicated) in total before the final screen (mLoader, brown screen unpopulated, boards not connected). I have only copied the first three screenshots here; I can copy the others across if they are of relevance. Let me know.
Unlike the experience of &Pholz, mLoader_dbg3 does not work successfully on my machine. Happy to go along with your suggestion about creating a new folder. You will have gathered by now that I am well out of my depth with all of this so a suggestion which leads to a 'half-way house' rather than the more direct 'compile to chip' would be perfectly acceptable. Perhaps if you could just elaborate a little on your statement so that I can understand the steps to take to instigate the compile, that would be very welcome.
Thank you. Robert

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Steve,
Did you get my message of last evening? Couldn't locate on the computer this morning.
Robert

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the mLoader debug messages.

Please disregard my previous post about saving your flowcode program in a different location. The problem is that Flowcode is not finding the correct location of mLoader. I have prepared a batch file which should shed some light on why this is. Please run the attached batch file and let me know the resulting messages.
mLoader_check.zip
(414 Bytes) Downloaded 161 times
Thanks,
Steve.

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

mL-check1.JPG
mL-check1.JPG (20.35 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
Steve,
This is what came of the 'mLoader_check.zip' test.
Robert

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Thanks, Robert.

According to that message, there is no "mLoader" folder under "c:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode v8\tools". Can you please check that folder to see if it's missing. Perhaps the "mLoader" folder has been renamed or been moved somewhere else?

And where is the location of mLoader that you have been running when launching it directly?

Regards,
Steve.

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

MLoader-loc.JPG
MLoader-loc.JPG (75.23 KiB) Viewed 4069 times
Steve,
Screenshot of the 'tools' folder. The mLoader highlighted is mLoader_dbg which gave rise to the 9 debug images referred to yesterday.
The mLoader_check is immediately below it. The other various 'mLoader' metamorphisms have been given extensions or deleted.
Robert

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I see the problem. The "tools" folder in Flowcode should contain many subfolders such as "Buggyprog", PICkit2" and "mLoader". An image of mine is below.

It looks like your mLoader files have all been placed directly in the "tools" folder, rather than under "tools\mLoader". I don't know how this could have occurred, unless they have been moved by accident.

One way to fix it is to reinstall Flowcode, although a quicker way to correct the problem could be creating an mLoader folder in "tools" and copying the relevant files into it. The second image below should the files that should be in the mLoader folder.

I hope this helps.
Steve.
Attachments
v8 tools folder.png
(48.76 KiB) Downloaded 726 times
mloader folder.png
(38.78 KiB) Downloaded 726 times

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

mLoadercheck2.JPG
mLoadercheck2.JPG (21.53 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
Steve,
Sorry for the delay but that little bit of housekeeping took longer than I expected! Our files now mirror one another but I deleted the various versions of mLoader. I downloaded the current mLoader from the website so that puts my system back to square one. I can obviously re-install any of the revised versions as required.
Having now re-run mLoader_check.zip the attached screenshot is what I get.
Thanks for your help and patience.
Robert

RILamb

Post by RILamb »

Steve,
Continuing on from the last posting I have now replaced the 'original' mLoader with the 'mLoaderA' version and that works perfectly just as it did for the other chap yesterday. Flowcode8 program runs and combi board does what it should do! The failing seems to have been with my file structure not having a separate folder for mLoader. Bad housekeeping; more probably ignorance on my part. Anyway, the end result is a success down wholly to your effort and perseverance. Thanks very much for the time and effort you have given over to this just sorry for the confusion caused by my mistake.
Robert

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Robert,

Excellent - I'm glad you're back up and running. And thanks for your patience and help in sorting this out.

Regards,
Steve.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I have created a new version of mLoader which will be distributed as part of a Flowcode v8 patch that I hope to release in the next week or two.

If anyone wants to try it (especially @PHolz, @RILamb, or anyone else experiencing the problem in this thread), you can download and unzip the attached and replace the mLoader.exe file in the Flowcode v8 "tools/mLoader" folder.

If you do try it, please let me know if it works ok.

Regards,
Steve.
Attachments
mLoader.zip
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 181 times