Back to prevoius macro

Moderator: Benj

Jan Lichtenbelt

Back to prevoius macro

Post by Jan Lichtenbelt »

I have a lot of macro's. Let say Macro A until Z. Some macro's can be found on top of the screen. Others can be found by (horizontal) scrolling.

When I follow a program step by step I reach macro F, sooner or later I met a Macro call to macro U [SAY POINT 1 of the program].
To follow the process can be done by double clicking the macro call and click on "OK & Edit Macro".
Now macro U can be read, changed ect.
When ready I want to return easily to Point 1 in the macro F. But How? If lucky I remembered the macro name F but where is tha mcro on top of the window? That needs a lot of searching and scrolling. But in the meanwhile I mostly forgot the name of macro F. That gives a lot off trouble to find point 1.

My suggestion is the same as in each web browser. If you click on a link and you want back to the original URL, that is easy by clicking on the left arrow, which is present at each web browser, in the picture below the Firefox web browser.
Previous_URL in Firefox.jpg
Previous_URL in Firefox.jpg (63.55 KiB) Viewed 2806 times
Kind regards

Jan

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Back to prevoius macro

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jan,
not sure if I understood correctly.
Have you tried the Viewmenu, Project explorer?
Just 'double click' then the macro will open:
Attachments
Macros.png
(111.13 KiB) Downloaded 1380 times
Martin

Jan Lichtenbelt

Re: Back to prevoius macro

Post by Jan Lichtenbelt »

Hi Martin,

Correct, if you rember the original macro name, it is easy to find the place were you left the original macro. But my general practice is that I mostly forget the orginal macro name (perhaps I get a little bit old). In that case it would be nice that a simple left-button will bring me back to the original macro.
This needs a kind of macro history storage.
And if macro's are nested (is that a good english word?) you have to remember all the macro's you clicked on to find your way back.

I'm sorry this is hard to explain. I hope this post explains a little bit.

Kind regards

Jan