Grouping 'problem'

Moderator: Benj

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Grouping 'problem'

Post by mnf »

I'm not sure I'd call this a bug: Grouping icons together is a useful touch - but the description labels can't be changed independently.

So:
group.png
(12.35 KiB) Downloaded 2300 times
The 'Display name' (in this case 'Set ports') is displayed above and to the right of the group. It would be more useful if the 'detailed description' was shown to the right of the group. As it stands there doesn't seem to be any way to independently change this text?

Martin

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Grouping 'problem'

Post by mnf »

Another minor visual glitch:

The icons displayed in the tooltips for commands (eg calculation macro) and also items such as Save - are incorrectly displayed (looks like an incorrect offset)
The component's tooltips are correct..

Edit:
This seems to occur after opening a project (the icons are correct after new project with a newly opened instance of FC). It also affects the menu items (eg Open, Save etc)

Martin

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback. The detailed description can be shown to the right of the group by right-clicking the icon, then selecting Annotations -> Comments.

Regarding the visual offset bug, I can't seem to replicate this on my PC. I'll investigate further.

Thanks,

Daniel.

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Thanks Daniel,

The visual bug is reproducible:

I couldn't get a screen shot - so I've attached a photo of a an example:
menu.jpg
menu.jpg (102.67 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
It doesn't seem to be connected with opening a particular file - and sometimes only occurs after opening a couple of times. It doesn't seem to get worse with multiple openings - once the shift has occurred and it doesn't revert to correct (restart does) nor does it affect the menu actions....

Martin

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Martin,

Thanks for the screenshot. It's helped me to understand what you meant a bit better.

But I'm still struggling to reproduce it! I've made a note and I'll keep investigating and hope to get it resolved by the next minor release.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Another (charming) minor visual bug:

Loop using a variable doesn't have a space after the 'loop' - so calling your loop variable 'y' gives:
loopy.png
(24.01 KiB) Downloaded 2203 times
This also shows another 'glitch' - I created a new program and I got 'jumbo' icons (~250%). Zoom factor was still set to 75% (ticked) - it was easy to fix by changing the zoom factor a couple of times (would it be possible for the default zoom factor to be user defined rather than 75%?)

Martin

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mnf »

Another minor visual 'bug':

The C code display is great (especially being able to edit by dragging on icons) but some of the descriptions are wrong:

For example:
while3.png
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 2186 times
Gives:
while.png
(6.07 KiB) Downloaded 2186 times
Rather than 'until .sorted' - the description has the opposite meaning to the actual intention of the loop.

It's probably a matter of taste too - but calculation boxes show

'Name: Calculation Type: ' for every line in the calculation box... I'd prefer a single 'Name: Calculation' at the top followed by the commented Flowcode lines and then the C...

Martin

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hi Martin,

Apart from the zoom bug, and the icon offset bug, (which I am still working on) I've implemented fixes for all of the problems you have mentioned. They will definitely be in the next release.

Daniel