problem simulator

Moderator: Benj

xelites

problem simulator

Post by xelites »

Hi benj, I thought that with the 8.1 version I could go back to using the simulation but nothing the problem persists.

attached I send you the specifications of the computer I use.
I use FC8.1 on two computers one prtatile (see the specifications in the photos) and one fixed with 3 monitors and always an NVIDIA card

on both PCs the simulation does not work goes to blows and then blocks the program and I have to restart.

With FC 5 everything works
With FC 6 everything works
With FC 7 80% problem
With FC 8 impossible to work

if you can understand why? I hope I can solve emulating the program helped me a lot on time.

I tried FC on my colleague's PC and it works all right!

If you need more data, I'll send them to you

thx
Attachments
NVIDIA System Information 11-23-2018 17-21-50.txt
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Cattura3.JPG
Cattura3.JPG (10.04 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
Cattura1.JPG
Cattura1.JPG (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2936 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: problem simulator

Post by Benj »

Hello,

This sounds strange I'm not really hearing any other reports of this.
on both PCs the simulation does not work goes to blows and then blocks the program and I have to restart.
What antivirus / firewall or other system maintenance software are you running on the PC? Sounds like it could be something specific to both of your machines.

When you say you have to restart do you have to restart Windows or is it just Flowcode you have to restart.

Are you running a specific program or is it any simulation that doesn't work and locks up? If it's a specific Flowcode program then can you attach it here so we can try and replicate.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

As a suggestion .. check how much ram your colleagues PC has....your machine has 4GB, it might be a little light on, especially as it looks like your running it pretty hard with all of the additional resources...

Check how much free MEM you have with fc and simulation running....also check your virtual paging size... with only 4GB you may be pushing the envelope..

Just some thoughts.... I may be wrong here
sorry about that Chief!

xelites

Post by xelites »

Hello Benj, no I do not have to restart, I have to close FC8.1 with the CRTL + ALT + DEL keys and kill FC. I do not have to restart the car.

Hello petc, I configured in manual the paging size of W10 and now at least does not stop ...... as I return home I also try on the computer with 3 moniarro even if I go 64 GB of memory ...

I am attaching the photo of resources with active fc ... if you see strange things let me know

For now, thank you, I can tell you
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (133.05 KiB) Viewed 2919 times